Taal Volcano Is Emitting Ash

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249103-taal-volcano-phreatic-explosion-january-12-2020

Wonderful.  We are going to a wedding in Sta Rosa Wednesday.

@intrepid  Heading your way Wednesday for a niece's wedding.  Wish I could hook up but it will be a quick trip due to kid's school.  Driving to BILs house in Sta. Rosa, late Tuesday, wedding at 1 pm Wednesday and then heading home after / during the reception.  "Eat & run".  My older daughter is going on her overnight "recollection" Thursday so we have to get back ASAP.

Not sure what time to leave Tuesday.  We can leave at 3 and that puts us smack dab in the middle of Manila rush.  Or leave at 6 and get to Manila around 8ish, then onto Sta Rosa.  Any advice for getting to Sta Rosa on Tuesday?

graham59
Posted
Posted

NAIA has been closed.

FB friends are posting pics of ash on parked cars in Paranaque.  :ohmy:

We have close rellies living near Lipa City.  Hope they are ok. 

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Up to category 4 on Philvolcs.  Glad we came back from Manila on Friday. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thoughts and prayers to those affected.

• Like 1

gery0x
Posted
Posted

taal.jpg

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted

CED8E908-CAC2-4E08-9E72-907C29829CF3.jpegDDC43538-6AC1-466D-AA34-2EF2BDEC67E5.jpeg

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Keeping an eye on this ,my daughter is due to fly in in friday  , and we are both meant to be returning to the uk at the end of the month 

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As I mentioned. in other posts we are currently in Dumaguete. Two of my wife's cousins are due to joint us Wednesday, looks like that may not happen now. Hopefully it will have cleared up by Saturday so we can fly back. You would think they could divert to Clark, or would that be too easy.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

As i understand it, Clark and Cebu are still fully operational.  People needing to fly may consider factoring Cebu Airways into their plans.  This carrier doesn't pop up on my go-to travel site (expedia), so we always end up booking on their website directly if we want to fly with them.