Taal Volcano Is Emitting Ash

intrepid
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Any advice for getting to Sta Rosa on Tuesday?

Because of the Skyway expansion the North bound SLEX is a bear almost any time heading toward Alabang with  backups of 1-2 hours.  South bound is usually open most of the way with traffic slowing around Alabang due to the construction.  You don't need to go to the Sta Rosa exit now because a portion of the CALEX is now open and free for the time being.  Once you get on there is only one exit which comes out on the Tagaytay Rd just above the S&R.  Its a little back tracking but worth it to avoid the other traffic.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

As i understand it, Clark and Cebu are still fully operational.  People needing to fly may consider factoring Cebu Airways into their plans.  This carrier doesn't pop up on my go-to travel site (expedia), so we always end up booking on their website directly if we want to fly with them.  

Clark has a heap of cancellations today also.

I have a Cathay flight scheduled to HK  for tomorrow and just for interest I looked at Clark.... prices for a round trip HK trip vary from P23,000 to P 60,000.

• I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Live web cam if anyone want too see.

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Was in Tagatay Saturday with family members for the sisters birthday celebration.

No signs from the volcano of what was about to come!  Woke up sunday morning everything covered in ash ! 

• Like 5

boyee
Posted
Posted

I wonder how this will affect the local economy in Tagaytay?  Some of those mama and pop restaurants or hotel's may not be able to stay closed for too long

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm also wondering about house prices, etc.  This is the location we planned on living at...not right in Tagaytay but neighboring area like alfonso, Amadeo or Silang.

Edited by Balisidar
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, boyee said:

I wonder how this will affect the local economy in Tagaytay?  Some of those mama and pop restaurants or hotel's may not be able to stay closed for too long

I doubt it will be good.  Just depends on how long the eruption keeps going I suppose.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Balisidar said:

I'm also wondering about house prices, etc.  This is the location we planned on living at...not right in Tagaytay but neighboring area like alfonso, Amadeo or Silang.

I'm in Sta Rosa now and going to a wedding in Silang later.  Dusty on the main roads but here in the sub-division it is ok, despite a good wind.  The volcano certainly can't be gòod for property prices.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Just saw a wedding photo pic with Taal erupting in the background.  Pretty epic!  I showed my wife the photo and said 'sana all!' but she just frowned at me in response.  :89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Just saw a wedding photo pic with Taal erupting in the background.

Photo Shopped? :89: