I dont think this eruption will have any affect on property value one year from today.  Once the taal stops making a fuss.  The ash will get cleaned up and everyone will forget.  If anything it might bring in more tourists.  Let's g.j o see the valcano that erupted last year etc.

• Love it 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's looking pretty bad for the Taal area.  I've attached a photo taken from Puerto Galera a good 70km away. 

No the guy really was stupid enough to get married. 

Please let me now what place you will finally choose to live in, so that I can stay far away from you  

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Photo Shopped? :89:

No, there is a whole story on it.  Wedding Sunday afternoon in Taygaytay and they pushed through.

I was made aware of the eruption from my friends and family back home in Hawaii the next day.  They just wanted to make sure I was not affected.  Amazing how oblivious you can get while vacationing the Philippines.

5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Photo Shopped? :89:

No the guy really was stupid enough to get married. :tiphat:

• Haha 6
6 hours ago, boyee said:

I dont think this eruption will have any affect on property value one year from today.  Once the taal stops making a fuss.  The ash will get cleaned up and everyone will forget.  If anything it might bring in more tourists.  Let's g.j o see the valcano that erupted last year etc.

I think you nailed it. Filipino's have a way of moving on from disasters. I admire them for that.:AddEmoticons04230: 

• Like 2

20200115_172448.jpgAok here at the wedding reception here in Silang, Cavite.  This place must be really beautiful when it is not covered with ash.  They have done a good cleanup and the air quality is fine.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm a little surprised that no one on this group had any experiences during the MT. Pinatubo eruption. :89: 

I 'lived through it' there.  Horrible experience.  Angeles City was never the same again. My apartment was damaged and then looted, while my partner and I were 'sheltering' down in Manila.  I have been back, and lived there on several occasions since. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

I 'lived through it' there.  Horrible experience.  Angeles City was never the same again. My apartment was damaged and then looted, while my partner and I were 'sheltering' down in Manila.  I have been back, and lived there on several occasions since. 

My first trip to the Philippines was just after the Lahar incident, didn't that make a mess. The road out of San Fernando towards Olongapo was just a dike of compressed ash and the traffic was kicking up a tremendous cloud. The whole countryside looked like someone had just poured concrete over it with bits of roof poking out here and there.

• Like 6