Why do Filipino's Walk so Slow??

bows00
Posted
Posted

If you've spent enough time in the bigger cities, you will know what I mean.  Especially where the side walk real estate is limited and the passing lanes are squezingly narrow.  More often than not, I find myself stuck behind the typical Filipino whenever I'm walking to my destination.  Is it the slippers?  Or is it the "laid back", "not in a hurry" culture here?  

I'm still learning to adjust to these small details.  

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

wow... you have sidewalks... with passing lanes?????? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

gery0x
Posted
Posted

cell-phone-lane.jpg

:rolleyes::tongue:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I like it... I've always been one to walk slowly (or stroll)... used to drive my ex crazy but it works well here :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Even worse in the malls....put a whole new meaning to slow walking. Not sure the whys how ever maybe we can learn from it and slow down...

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The walking slow and the dragging of there flip flops and I have noticed more and more folk here compared to back in England walking with there head down looking into there phones 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Even worse in the malls....put a whole new meaning to slow walking. Not sure the whys how ever maybe we can learn from it and slow down...

When they are in the malls it's often a day trip and they are largely window shopping so they are spinning jt out. Unlike us westerners who only go to a shop and know exactly what we wont. So a quick in and out.

• Like 4