City life to the countryside

graham59
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear you've survived the driving Steve. :biggrin:

It's the country life for me....but I'm still able to walk the scenic 2-3 miles into town anyway... or share a trike for p13.  Even have fiber internet.

We are only about 10 miles from the big city (Dagupan),  10 miles from the newly opened tollway down to Manila, and about 6 miles from a lovely beach.  Clean air, and nice friendly people here... including our lovely extended family, of course.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Greeeen Acres is the place to be....

Farm livin' is the life for me....

Just a jingle from a old TV show.  I agree Steve, every time we get out of the city its just magic.  Last time we visited the family, found myself getting used to just sitting around watching the plants grow.  Beautiful mountains, nice breeze, can't wait to (hopefully) close the deal on our property soon. 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

It's the country life for me....but I'm still able to walk the scenic 2-3 miles into town anyway... or share a trike for p13.  Even have fiber internet.

We are only about 10 miles from the big city (Dagupan),  10 miles from the newly opened tollway down to Manila, and about 6 miles from a lovely beach.  Clean air, and nice friendly people here... including our lovely extended family, of course.  :thumbsup:

Fancy a new neighbour 

• Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

AM (Angry Midget) is from a city about 2 hours North of Dumaguete (Guihulngan), I love it up there. There's the beach, road (National "Highway")then the house and it's about 10km out of the city proper.  A couple of years ago we renovated it from a single storey 3 bedroom into a 2 storey 5 bedroom place.  It's quiet, the air is clean, sea breezes most of the time with ocean views and the neighbours aren't on top of us and the closest ones are really nice people.  

About two years ago AM and I did a drive from Manila through Subic and right up the West coast of Luzon to Vigan, wonderful part of the country that has even has surf!  Yep, I'm an old "waxhead". We took around 5 days for the trip and stayed overnight where ever  it took our fancy.    We even considered relocating up there when I retire - it's a bit of an undiscovered gem of an area and I'm surprised more expats weren't around.  

Rural areas have so much to offer in PI, not least of which everything being cheaper:  Food, drinks, beer(!), groceries etc.  

Anyway, my preference has always to be away from the major population areas and PI has many of them on offer. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I know I'm wrong, but I always worry that the more remote you are, the less "safe" it becomes.  

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I know I'm wrong, but I always worry that the more remote you are, the less "safe" it becomes.  

That’s what Emma says , even if we was living in a nice street with fields behind and security guards everywhere , but I think it’s more to do with staying close to the family in her eyes.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

the family

:whistling: In one Steve