Another Grand Wedding!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I previously posted about my wife's nephew's wedding in New Zealand, on Dec. 27th, and that it was maybe the best wedding I have been to.  That was in reference to the overall package, not the money spent.

On Wednesday this week we braved the volcanic ash dust to go my wife's niece's wedding at St. Benedict's Parish in Silang, Cavite, followed by the reception at Alta Veranda de Tibig, also in Silang, but farther up the mountain.

My two girls were flower girls and I was a proxy primary sponsor because my wife's brother in Australia decided he could not do the 10 hour flight due to his sciatic nerve problem.  The church is really nice but of course many things are tinted gray with the ash.  I was disappointed that we had to get there a bit early but they did not turn the air con on until 15 minutes before the wedding.  Luckily it was not a super hot day!

The reception venue, Alta Veranda de Tibig, is quite a place but again, also covered with dust and sand.  The gardens must be quite beautiful in normal times.  It is a huge place with several different areas.

When we arrived we were directed to a covered outdoor area for reception drinks and hor d’oeuvres.  It was quite a spread, hosted by a Manila company, and entertained by a band of 6 or 8 playing contemporary music.  They had a lemonade bar, a milk tea bar, a donut bar and a lot of delicious bruschetta.  It was very nice that they had something to eat in between the 2 pm wedding and dinner, which as around 7.  I was worried about my daughter's running around in the dust, but actually it was not dusty there.  We could not find masks that would fit them well.  Only a few people wore masks.

Then on to the reception hall, which was quite magnificent!  Elaborate decorations, winding staircase, etc. They had a radio personality as the emcee and a dj.  They did all that modern reception stuff where the groomsmen strutted in and did a dance, then the bridesmaids did the same.  By my count, there were 13 groomsmen and 12 bridesmaids!  3 flower girls, ring bearer, etc.  3 of her bridesmaids came from New Zealand.

What impressed us the most were the flowers!  So many and most must have been imported as you normally don't see them here.  Snapdragons, carnations and others on the tables.  Huge roses decorated the entrance and other areas.

Dinner was delicious!  Excellent dishes that were fresh and hot.  I didn't see a bar, but they were serving beer.  I didn't have any because I had to drive back to Subic.

So who paid for it?  My wife's oldest brother, the bride's daddy.  He is president at the Sta. Rosa office of a Japanese pipe company.  His daughter has been spoiled rotten since she was a baby.  If she said she wanted diamonds scattered on the floor, I'm sure he would have accommodated her.  I'm sure all of this cost quite a bit more than p 1 million.

We left at about 8:30, before she made her announcement to the guests.  Preggy.  We already knew from the family in NZ.  They already had the date set and she flew back from NZ for 2 weeks in late November, when the "accident" happened.

Here are a few pics.

My daughter with cousin before the wedding.  Her cousin is one month older than her, but tiny!

20200115_132607 (2).jpg

My daughters and their cousin enjoying the music in the reception area.

This is probably a nice green lawn but is tinted gray!

20200115_164917 (2).jpg

Reception hall

20200115_172756 (2).jpg  20200115_172959 (2).jpg

20200115_173135 (2).jpg  20200115_173231 (2).jpg

• Like 5

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Lovely.  One of the surprising trends that I've noticed here are the professional-level videographers that all the weddings seem to have.  Shocked and amazed at the quality of the wedding vids I've seen.  The last one we attended featured footage taken THE SAME DAY.  

Those girls look precious!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Lovely.  One of the surprising trends that I've noticed here are the professional-level videographers that all the weddings seem to have.  Shocked and amazed at the quality of the wedding vids I've seen.  The last one we attended featured footage taken THE SAME DAY.  

Those girls look precious!

The photographer / videographer who did our wedding no longer does the actual photography.  He has an editing business with wedding photographers in the U.S. as his clients.  They send him everything, then he and his staff put the final packages together.  He seems to be doing well, as he can afford to send his daughter to the same private school my kids go to.

He used to do same day edits and did one for us.  It was quite good and we played it at the reception.  I don't think he does that for his U.S. clients.  He said turn around for the U.S. clients is 1-2 weeks.