There is no need to talk to me like that

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

I have now realised that Emma cannot criticise her own family at all

STEVE! We have been trying to tell you this sort of thing for Years, It is what it is my good friend :smile:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Now this is where you are wrong, I think the Philippines is a great place and I am enjoying my time here especially after these few days away , I am sure if I found the right place I could live very happy , but it’s finding that place to call home for both of us 

Two island rule my friend. We know you love Em’s very much and she loves you. Take the family out of your day to day life and start enjoying Philippines and a happy marriage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

STEVE! We have been trying to tell you this sort of thing for Years, It is what it is my good friend :smile:

My woman was just like Emma, but she have changed, now she see the downsides of her own family and even critize them.

Maybe it´s because none of her parents are alive, only sister and brothers. Whatever the reason is, I am happy for this change :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

As the saying goes.....blood is thicker than water :shades:

5 hours ago, Old55 said:

Two island rule my friend. We know you love Em’s very much and she loves you. .

You live on one Island........... Emm's on another. :hystery:

It's more fun in the Philippines :hystery::hystery:        I vote Steve for the job as Forum Entertainment Manager :tiphat:

Bridget Jones Diary eat your heart out.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

My woman was just like Emma, but she have changed, now she see the downsides of her own family and even critize them.

Maybe it´s because none of her parents are alive, only sister and brothers. Whatever the reason is, I am happy for this change :thumbsup:

You might be on to something there... SWMBO has come to the point where she will criticize (in private with the close family) her cousins when she thinks they're trying to take advantage and (in private with me) her brother, sisters in and in-laws occasionally if she disagress with something they've done but her mama and papa I've only heard very occasional comments and not so much 'criticizing' but more 'concerned' and few and rare comments about the older titos and titas.

The respect for family still applies... just in a slightly different way I think.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

Two island rule my friend. We know you love Em’s very much and she loves you. Take the family out of your day to day life and start enjoying Philippines and a happy marriage.

"Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I t disagree."

Q.   Why the ex-pat rule of thumb?   

A.  Re the relatives.....

"Some of them want to use you. Some of them want to be used by you ..... Some of them want to abuse you.... Everybody's  looking for something."  :9436:

• Like 2
  • Love it 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, intrepid said:

Steve,  I have a close friend(83 years old), living here from the states now about 5 years.  He has said recently more than once that he is going to have to give up driving and hire a driver before they end up divorced!:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

83 years old!  I think I will side with the wife and also hope he hires a driver!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack D said:

Steve, is this your first time in the Philippines?

From the sound of things, it really seems like your years of dreaming of retirement  in the Philippines never included visiting the Philippines.... maybe you have?... but it sure seems like this is your very first trip to the Philippines.

Take my word for it, the novelty of everything that you've described will wear off after a while. How long of a while?... it all depends on the person.

For your sake, I surely hope that you haven't given up your residence in England.

Hmmm....

Steve's original post described a communication problem with his wife, something most of us experience.  How did it turn into family, two island rule, if he has been here before, etc., etc.

Steve is Steve, whether he is in England or the Philippines.  I do appreciate his consistency!  :smile:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1