Shopping by myself today

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

At Wilcon they do understand the male and female connectors. If there is one around you give them a try.:mellow:

We have a Wilcon but ACE was convenient.

Did you serve me in ACE yesterday?  He was also complicating things by offering a male and female connector and adaptor.  It's not that complicated - I had two hoses - both 1/2" - and simply need to connect them together with one connector that accepts both pieces of hose at either end.  Readily available everywhere - including ACE! 

I give you the benefit of the doubt because you didn't see the sample piece - he did yet somehow proposed a very cumbersome solution.  

Edited by hk blues

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Haven't used a rasp in years.

L says my voice is raspy... mmmm... And I am not surprised that there is confusion here between male and female fittings... There seems to already be confusion between males and females?:89:

• Haha 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Steve it never fails, there is going to be one tool that I need to complete a project, and it won't be available anywhere.  Recent example are counter-sink drill bits.  These are the ones you use after drilling a hole, to create the little bevel needed to seat a flat-head screw.  As we had spent a lot of time on finding the hardware for our metal stair nosings, preparing and refinishing the stairs, etc.  It needed to look perfect because customers are going to walk on them every day.  It was hilarious trying to describe what kind of bit it was, and even showing the picture.  Just complete bewilderment.  "Sorry sir".  Ordered from Shopee and had to wait a week, which is pretty much my story of the Philippines so far.  

I had a list of things that were difficult to find, when I first joined the forum.  Anti-Seize grease was another one I never found, but ordered from Amazon.  

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm actually surprised that the hard ware stores don't sell bits of plastic piping with a nail through it ready assembled.  There's missing a trick. :whistling:

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 1/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, stevewool said:

a wooden rasp

The "locksmith" who installed the dead bolt on our metal gate was using my wood rasp - my father's wood rasp - on the hole he cut in the steel gate. My wife gave it to him to use. I about had kittens when i found out. And everyone looking at me like there's no such term in Filipino for "single-use tool".

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Haven't used a rasp in years. Must be only used for hobbies nowadays. :huh:

They're handy for the wavy edges of doors you don't wish to remove. And they don't clog like sandpaper.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

The "locksmith" who installed the dead bolt on our metal gate was using my wood rasp - my father's wood rasp - on the hole he cut in the steel gate. My wife gave it to him to use. I about had kittens when i found out. And everyone looking at me like there's no such term in Filipino for "single-use tool".

I needed a very small screwdriver while here the ones that watchmakers use and like anything back in England I have a set so down to the local handy man and I brought a cheap set and straight away the father in law says are they mine once I used it and so I said yes because he let me use his other screwdriver and his plane , but his plane was something that Noah would have used.

9D704184-3FD2-431B-82F7-2DE5ED2B1BD5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

They're handy for the wavy edges of doors you don't wish to remove. And they don't clog like sandpaper.

Yes after removing 2 very heavy doors to shave down one side so it closes better , a rasp may have helped me, and again I have a few back in England.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

L says my voice is raspy... mmmm... And I am not surprised that there is confusion here between male and female fittings... There seems to already be confusion between males and females?:89:

Tom - There was NO confusion over male and female fittings at all - just a combination of an ACE hardware store employee not thinking and AK throwing in something not related to the issue!  :tiphat:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Used to use them  for places that don't need a finished look. Very handy thing to have in the toolbox.:smile:

• Like 2