Serious Topic

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, gery0x said:

I beg you a pardon, but the earth is being held up by a gigantic space turtle with elephants on top of it!

elephants-turtle-holding-flat-earth-600w-1165159561.jpg

So please check your facts before spreading fake-news!!! :shock_40_anim_gif::hystery:

Not true, it is turtles all the way down.  This photo was taken from the space station and posted on the internet by an anoymous source.  Of course it was denied as a hoax by the deep state government.

tatwd_2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

I suppose it depends where you are.

Up here...nice and cool at night, bearable daytime, very few mozzies, and haven't seen rain for weeks now.  :smile:

I think our seasons (dry or wet) are perhaps more clearly separate than further south ?

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

I suppose it depends where you are.

Up here...nice and cool at night, bearable daytime, very few mozzies, and haven't seen rain for weeks now.  :smile:

I think our seasons (dry or wet) are perhaps more clearly separate than further south ?

My electric bill thankfully goes south In Jan and Feb. No need for aircon. I've noticed though that it's only about a 1,500k difference. I never use aircon at night even during the hottest days. I prefer a 150 wt electric fan at night for sleeping. Much more peaceful. The noise of the fan drowns out all of the other noise that prevents me from sleeping.:smile:

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Aircon ? :89: :biggrin:

My leccy bills are always just hovering over p1,000 for the month. Biggest I ever had was about p1300...hot season.  :thumbsup:

Agree on the fan noise benefits. I also have the radio on in the background, all night. Habit from living in noisier places like Angeles City.

Edited by graham59

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Gonna miss the cool breezes and sleeping with just a fan.  Still have not designed the new aircon system for the little truckster.  Dang. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 1/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, Arizona Kid said:

My electric bill thankfully goes south In Jan and Feb. No need for aircon. I've noticed though that it's only about a 1,500k difference. I never use aircon at night even during the hottest days. I prefer a 150 wt electric fan at night for sleeping. Much more peaceful. The noise of the fan drowns out all of the other noise that prevents me from sleeping.:smile:

I lived here for 2 years with no A/C and just fans - we survived no problem.  Then we installed one in the bedroom, then the living room and then my son's bedroom.  Now we have them on all year around - only at night mind you.  We couldn't go back to not having it now - the opposite of you don't miss what you don't have!

I've noticed the variation between hot and cooler season is only about 1,000php but then again that's about 33% of our bill!  

• Like 1