Dumaguete Car Rental

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

The Angry Midget will be in Dumaguete and surrounds from this Saturday.  I've done the web search and all advertised businesses have mixed reviews.  Does anyone have a rental company they've used in Dumaguete they can recommend?

TIA

Gary D
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Hi All,

The Angry Midget will be in Dumaguete and surrounds from this Saturday.  I've done the web search and all advertised businesses have mixed reviews.  Does anyone have a rental company they've used in Dumaguete they can recommend?

TIA

We used Rodg rent a car last week. We had three different cars, all pretty average/tired. Insurance was my concern, like there wasn't any and we would be fully liable for any mishaps. This did concern me but think this is normal. Asked if I could take out extra insurance but nothing offered. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Insurance was my concern, like there wasn't any and we would be fully liable for any mishaps. This did concern me but think this is normal. Asked if I could take out extra insurance but nothing offered. 

The car we hire here in Marikina did the same after reading the fine print I was liable to pay for any damaged and not the insurance company, makes me think again about hiring ,

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gary D said:

We used Rodg rent a car last week. We had three different cars, all pretty average/tired. Insurance was my concern, like there wasn't any and we would be fully liable for any mishaps. This did concern me but think this is normal. Asked if I could take out extra insurance but nothing offered. 

11 minutes ago, stevewool said:

The car we hire here in Marikina did the same after reading the fine print I was liable to pay for any damaged and not the insurance company, makes me think again about hiring ,

Well if that's the case trikes and buses for us then.  

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Well if that's the case trikes and buses for us then.  

Yes, no taxis in Dumaguete.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Hi All,

TIA

Dave H used to rent his out. Not sure if he still does. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I thought that was just a scooter for some reason.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I thought that was just a scooter for some reason.

No but send him a message.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No but send him a message.

I will, thanks for that mate. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just for info . .  I do not do that any more.  No rentals of car or bikes here.  There are car hires with driver available at the airport.  They call themselves a taxi service but it is a loose definition because I think they just pick up at the airport and take you where you need to go.  No doubt you could ask the driver for more personal service if you get the taxi from the airport.

As has been said, people want to be insured when they rent and that is not offered anywhere here that I know of.  So getting the airport taxi might be the best, (but surely not the cheapest), option.

• Like 3