Washing machines

Viking
Posted
Posted

We are looking for a top loaded machine,  6-8 kg at price around 15k-20k p. Any suggestions of a good brand and model?

I have looked online on several different machines but I can´t find any info on what temperatures that can be chosen. Here at home there is 30, 40, 60 and 90 degrees Celsius, is it the same in the machines sold in PH?? Or is this only available in the much more expensive machines?

graham59
Posted
Posted

They'll still mess around washing it in bowls, or beating it with a stick,  before putting it in there, whatever washer you buy them.  (Because that's the only way to get clothes that have been worn for a couple of hours properly clean :rolleyes: ). That's my Mrs anyway.

Sorry... carry on...:biggrin:

We've had a 'Fujidenzo machine for around 4 years now... still going strong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Viking said:

We are looking for a top loaded machine,  6-8 kg at price around 15k-20k p. Any suggestions of a good brand and model?

I have looked online on several different machines but I can´t find any info on what temperatures that can be chosen. Here at home there is 30, 40, 60 and 90 degrees Celsius, is it the same in the machines sold in PH?? Or is this only available in the much more expensive machines?

At that price, I don't think you will find a washer that is set up for hot water.  Cold input only.  In 2013 I paid 23k for an LG top load.  Cold water only.  It has been very reliable and works well.  We only put hot water in when we clean in once in a while, and use a bucket.

Edited by OnMyWay

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

They'll still mess around washing it in bowls, or beating it with a stick,  before putting it in there, whatever washer you buy them.  (Because that's the only way to get clothes that have been worn for a couple of hours properly clean :rolleyes: ). That's my Mrs anyway.

Sorry... carry on...:biggrin:

We've had a 'Fujidenzo machine for around 4 years now... still going strong.

My woman has lived in Sweden for 30+ years so she actually understand that things dont has to be done the old Philippine way :thumbsup: I can´t even imagine her doing it that way, so it will be a washing machine for us.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

At that price, I don't think you will find a washer that is set up for hot water.  Cold input only.  In 2013 I paid 23k for an LG top load.  Cold water only.  It has been very reliable and works well.  We only put hot water in when we clean in once in a while, and use a bucket.

Thanks for that info. I suppose that is also an option (putting hot water in it manually)

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

They'll still mess around washing it in bowls, or beating it with a stick,  before putting it in there, whatever washer you buy them. 

Yup... SWMBO and her mama have a set of large plastic tubs and the back yard has a 2 level design.  They put the clothes in the twin tub Sanyo I bought, wash it in that then take them out and wash them in the first (dirty tub), then wash them again in the middle (clean wash tub) then rinse them in the rinse tub.  Then they put them back in the Sanyo twin tub and spin dry them before shaking them flat and hanging them on the line.

It all seems a bit over the top but I have to admit that the clothes come out feeling like they've been done professionally and not like when I just do them in an auto washer myself.

I will say that SWMBO and her mama love the spin tub, they say it means they can dry two days washing in a single day.

I haven't seen many automatic washers in CDO, mostly twin tubs (or those cheap single tub washers the locals use).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Front loader automatics are widely available in our area, nothing much below 40k though. That's the way we will go as my mrs has gone over to the dark side after using one in the UK for 25 years.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Ems would like a new washing machine , so I offered to buy her a few new large tubs that everyone else seems to use , funny we are still using the local laundry once a week , cheaper for now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have been using cold water only in the 10 kg Samsung top load machine I bought two years ago with great results. L has another machine (Samsung 8 kg) that has been running strong for over four years. I don't remember the price but think it was around the 20k mark. The slightly larger machine makes it easy to wash a set of sheets and other things all in one load... If I remember correctly, the SM appliance store where I bought it didn't even carry machines with hot water capability, but there is a knock-out in the back so some models are at least available somewhere that use hot water...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I think all the machines in the UK are cold fill only now days. Don't think I've used hot fill for 30+ years.

• Like 1