Washing machines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

You can buy Maytag / Whirlpool washers at some SM, some Abenson and S&R.  I'm fairly certain they have hot water input.

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I think all the machines in the UK are cold fill only now days. Don't think I've used hot fill for 30+ years.

Indeed.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

But if we get a washing machine, the Mrs. might be disinclined to hand wash her things in the bathroom...naked...I kind of enjoy wash days

• Haha 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Viking said:

We are looking for a top loaded machine,  6-8 kg at price around 15k-20k p. Any suggestions of a good brand and model?

I have looked online on several different machines but I can´t find any info on what temperatures that can be chosen. Here at home there is 30, 40, 60 and 90 degrees Celsius, is it the same in the machines sold in PH?? Or is this only available in the much more expensive machines?

Just bought a sharp top loader fully automatic for P9K No bells or whistles like wobble  tech just simple. Washes well but as new not able say more.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I did some work at Whirlpools warehouse facility in the Midlands, it was like the scene out of raiders of the lost arc where they load the boxes at a government warehouse 

Except it was all washing machine,  robots were loading and unloading 

Bit of topic but I thought I'd throw it in :whistling:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

Just bought a sharp top loader fully automatic for P9K No bells or whistles like wobble  tech just simple. Washes well but as new not able say more.

We bought this one about 3 months ago. Very solid and does exactly what it should - no more and no less.  Early days but very impressed with the machine for the price.  Only problem was that the connector for the water inlet was not the right type so we had to cut off and connect two hoses together.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I did some work at Whirlpools warehouse facility in the Midlands, it was like the scene out of raiders of the lost arc where they load the boxes at a government warehouse 

Except it was all washing machine,  robots were loading and unloading 

Bit of topic but I thought I'd throw it in :whistling:

Whirlpool are having a tough time in the UK due to fire issued with their appliances.  Pity, as it was my go-to brand in the UK.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

A stupid question (I know they say there is no such thing but they're wrong!) - regardless of the machine being cold fill only, doesn't the machine itself heat the water to the chosen temperature?  This renders the hot fill redundant.  This was my understanding but I could be wrong.

Viking
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

A stupid question (I know they say there is no such thing but they're wrong!) - regardless of the machine being cold fill only, doesn't the machine itself heat the water to the chosen temperature?  This renders the hot fill redundant.  This was my understanding but I could be wrong.

That is what I am looking for, a machine that that heats the water itself. All machines  we use at home here in Sweden do that. Only the big industrial type have hot fill here.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

I think all the machines in the UK are cold fill only now days. Don't think I've used hot fill for 30+ years.

Yes, but then the water is heated inside the machine. That is what I am looking for.