Washing machines

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Viking said:

That is what I am looking for, a machine that that heats the water itself. All machines  we use at home here in Sweden do that. Only the big industrial type have hot fill here.

Again, I could be wrong but surely all machines are standard in the main regardless of where they are being sold?  I would be surprised if Sharp, for example, made a machine just for here and a different one for the USA, for example.  

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted

So for those of you who have a cold fill machine, does your machine heat the water inside or is it only using cold water when washing?

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Viking said:

So for those of you who have a cold fill machine, does your machine heat the water inside or is it only using cold water when washing?

Ours is a whirlpool and is cold fill only, you set a  Dial for the temperature of wash you want to do, the dial is for 40 to 90 degrees at 10 degree intervals, never had a problem with it 

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Viking said:

Yes, but then the water is heated inside the machine. That is what I am looking for.

I've just had a look at my Panasonic washing machine, it does not have a heating facility 

Maybe a walk around an appliance center will answer your question 

• Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, graham59 said:

They'll still mess around washing it in bowls, or beating it with a stick,  before putting it in there

So so true. They only put the clothes in my washing machine after they have already cleaned it!:laugh:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I've just had a look at my Panasonic washing machine, it does not have a heating facility 

Maybe a walk around an appliance center will answer your question 

Does it have a temperature dial or setting for different types of clothing baston?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ours is a whirlpool and is cold fill only, you set a  Dial for the temperature of wash you want to do, the dial is for 40 to 90 degrees at 10 degree intervals, never had a problem with it 

Same with mine which makes me think the machine heats the water to the selected temp.  otherwise what is the point of the dial?  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Same with mine which makes me think the machine heats the water to the selected temp.  otherwise what is the point of the dial?  

Quite, Coloureds are wash at Lower Temps and whites at Higher, certain man made fibres have varying Washing temps, the machine can cater for all Fabrics, even has a Boil programme :smile: Over the years I have been guilty of Blue, Red and most other colour wash days because I got the Temp wrong :whistling:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Admission of Guilt
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Viking said:

we have a samsung, it has hot water heater  with controller for heat settings. That's as much I know about the machine, wife's department. 

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

We bought a Samsung washer/dryer combo 10k load, I think it was around 45k, the dryer doesn't use the conventional method of evaporation like the ones we are used to, it doesn't have an exhaust hose. From what I can tell it heats the drum and spins to extract water and it takes forever, two hours or more for a proper dry and they come out wrinkled, if I had known I might not have made the purchase, I just didn't know there was such a thing, I was like where's the hose? It's all good I guess in the end, I don't have an exhaust vent to hook it up to here.