Washing machines

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Heeb said:

We bought a Samsung washer/dryer combo 10k load, I think it was around 45k, the dryer doesn't use the conventional method of evaporation like the ones we are used to, it doesn't have an exhaust hose. From what I can tell it heats the drum and spins to extract water and it takes forever, two hours or more for a proper dry and they come out wrinkled, if I had known I might not have made the purchase, I just didn't know there was such a thing, I was like where's the hose? It's all good I guess in the end, I don't have an exhaust vent to hook it up to here.

Does it not have a setting so it just washes?

Heeb
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Does it not have a setting so it just washes?

Yes it does, we use the dryer setting usually, it's still faster than hanging it up.

• Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Viking said:

We are looking for a top loaded machine,  6-8 kg at price around 15k-20k p. Any suggestions of a good brand and model?

I have looked online on several different machines but I can´t find any info on what temperatures that can be chosen. Here at home there is 30, 40, 60 and 90 degrees Celsius, is it the same in the machines sold in PH?? Or is this only available in the much more expensive machines?

Samsung here for 5 years. No temperature selection. Only a cold water supply anyway. Seems to work well.

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, GeoffH said:

They put the clothes in the twin tub Sanyo I bought, wash it in that then take them out and wash them in the first (dirty tub), then wash them again in the middle (clean wash tub) then rinse them in the rinse tub.  Then they put them back in the Sanyo twin tub and spin dry them before shaking them flat and hanging them on the line.

:shock_40_anim_gif:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

So for those of you who have a cold fill machine, does your machine heat the water inside or is it only using cold water when washing?

Mine does not. I forgot to say that it's an 8kg model.

• Thanks 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Bought a Panasonic in SM Appliance 2 years back. Works fine but the psin function really isnt very good.. found one sticky typhoony summer that needed to buy a dryer too, which I hadnt expected to have to do.. so would recommend washer with a very good spin function.

Has a soak rinse and spin function... even a self cleaning function.. just didnt expect that i would have to hand wring towels out before drying

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

So for those of you who have a cold fill machine, does your machine heat the water inside or is it only using cold water when washing?

Most have cold water washing only.  When I was shopping, I only saw a few high end LG and Samsung that had a heater.  50-60 k pesos.

1 hour ago, Heeb said:

We bought a Samsung washer/dryer combo 10k load

The problem with most of these is that they say, for example, 10k wash, 6k dry.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Correct me if I am wrong.  Also, very long time to do one load, compared to washer and separate dryer.

2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ours is a whirlpool and is cold fill only, you set a  Dial for the temperature of wash you want to do, the dial is for 40 to 90 degrees at 10 degree intervals, never had a problem with it 

Good to know that Whirlpool has this type.  I have never seen one.  That would be my choice next time, as I like to wash some things in hot water.  However, the boss doesn't.

We have the LG 12kg cold water automatic washer and when we need it, a Whirlpool full size electric dryer.  Picked up the dryer from another expat that was moving.  Had to get a new door switch for it and now it is awesome.

We had an Electrolux 6 kg dryer.  Based on that experience, I highly recommend against wasting money on a small dryer.  The clothes just stayed clumped up and it takes forever to get a dry wrinkled clump.  Invest in a full size dryer that is large enough to "tumble dry" a good sized load.  You won't regret it.  Clothes can come out dry, soft and wrinkle free.

We have to have a dryer here in Subic due to the long and wet rainy season.  We don't use it much the rest of the year.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

Our Samsung machines are cold fill, cold wash only, no water heating.

• Thanks 1

RobH
Posted
Posted

We have a Panasonic 8Kg which doesn't heat the water. Works OK though, just as well as it gets used every day. I do complain though that items like towels seem to come out a bit scratchy, probably down to the washing powder, out of my pay grade, just as well.

• Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ours is a whirlpool and is cold fill only, you set a  Dial for the temperature of wash you want to do, the dial is for 40 to 90 degrees at 10 degree intervals, never had a problem with it 

3 hours ago, jimeve said:

we have a samsung, it has hot water heater  with controller for heat settings. That's as much I know about the machine, wife's department. 

Are your washing machines top of the line models with high pricetags, or do you know if this is also possible to get in the machines around 20k?