Washing machines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

Are your washing machines top of the line models with high pricetags, or do you know if this is also possible to get in the machines around 20k?

You might get some ideas on the manufacturer's websites and I was curious, so I went to the Whirlpool.ph website and found this:

https://www.whirlpool.com.ph/lhb-902.html

https://www.whirlpool.com.ph/lhb-1202.html

I'm amazed!  

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

In my experience buying a Washing Machine here is just a waste of money ! When we had finished building our home here in 2012 we bought all new kitchen appliances, Kettles,Blender,Toaster etc. And a new Washing Machine ( we sent our Tumble Dryer from the UK in a Balikbayan box ! ) the Washing Machine we had plumbed in with its own drain pipe run into the garden drain that takes the rainwater away. Our Current washing machine consists of a small plastic stool which the wife sits on as she scrubs away snd bangs the clothes with a piece of wood ! She does this almost every morning !  and on Sundays the wife and her sister are both there washing and chatting to each other while the Washing Machine stands there smiling ! ME ? Im upstairs on the balcony listening to my Radio Scanners !

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You might get some ideas on the manufacturer's websites and I was curious, so I went to the Whirlpool.ph website and found this:

https://www.whirlpool.com.ph/lhb-902.html

https://www.whirlpool.com.ph/lhb-1202.html

I'm amazed!  

Excellent, that´s the kind of machines I was looking for!

Maraming salamat po :tiphat:

Viking
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

In my experience buying a Washing Machine here is just a waste of money ! When we had finished building our home here in 2012 we bought all new kitchen appliances, Kettles,Blender,Toaster etc. And a new Washing Machine ( we sent our Tumble Dryer from the UK in a Balikbayan box ! ) the Washing Machine we had plumbed in with its own drain pipe run into the garden drain that takes the rainwater away. Our Current washing machine consists of a small plastic stool which the wife sits on as she scrubs away snd bangs the clothes with a piece of wood ! She does this almost every morning !  and on Sundays the wife and her sister are both there washing and chatting to each other while the Washing Machine stands there smiling ! ME ? Im upstairs on the balcony listening to my Radio Scanners !

I understand that many of you have experiences like this but my wife have been living in Sweden for 30+ years. There is no chance at all that she will wash in the traditional way. Fact is that it´s mostly me that do our laundry at home, and I for sure will never do it that way. We need a machine!

Gary D
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The problem with most of these is that they say, for example, 10k wash, 6k dry.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Correct me if I am wrong.  Also, very long time to do one load, compared to washer and separate dryer.

There's a good reason for this and that is the size of the drum. A tumble dryer has a much larger diameter drum than there is room for in a washing machine to give room for the washing to seperate and tumble which allows the air to pass through. If you overload a dryer you end up with a wet tangle of clothing. So the size of drum dictates how much you can dry, and wash for that matter so the different load sizes. The machines without a hose use a condenser to extract the water vapour.

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

There's a good reason for this and that is the size of the drum. A tumble dryer has a much larger diameter drum than there is room for in a washing machine to give room for the washing to seperate and tumble which allows the air to pass through. If you overload a dryer you end up with a wet tangle of clothing. So the size of drum dictates how much you can dry, and wash for that matter so the different load sizes. The machines without a hose use a condenser to extract the water vapour.

I didn't express myself well.  I understand the WHY it is like that.  It doesn't make sense to me because...

A.  They declare it a 10kg washer when the drying capability is only 6kg.  If you wash 10kg you have to take 4kg out before the drying starts?

B.  A 6kg dryer is too small.  My experience is that even if you don't overload it, the drum is too small and the clothes don't "tumble" dry.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Viking said:

Are your washing machines top of the line models with high pricetags, or do you know if this is also possible to get in the machines around 20k?

I think we paid around 35k peso for ours but you can get a machine at 20k and less BUT remember, you get what you pay for. Robinson Appliances hold a good varied stock of Machines in many price tags. "Happy washday "V" :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I didn't express myself well.  I understand the WHY it is like that.  It doesn't make sense to me because...

A.  They declare it a 10kg washer when the drying capability is only 6kg.  If you wash 10kg you have to take 4kg out before the drying starts?

B.  A 6kg dryer is too small.  My experience is that even if you don't overload it, the drum is too small and the clothes don't "tumble" dry.

So you wash only at 10kg and if you wash and dry you limit it to 6kg. Simples.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Viking said:

Our's cost 36,000, frontloader. All I know it plays a pretty Melody when it finishes it's wash cycle. When I first heard the music I was wondering where it came from, checking the phones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Heeb said:

Yes it does, we use the dryer setting usually, it's still faster than hanging it up.

But you said it takes 2 hours longer with the drying setting.

It takes my wife 15 minutes to hang them out, 15 minutes to bring them in when dry. 

• I'm Confused 1