Corona Virus

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I'm following the news a little bit on this outbreak that is spreading in China.  This morning's news reports three Chinese nationals with flu-like symptoms quarantined in Boracay as a precaution.  I'm SO glad to read that, but wondering if the govt. will truly take some further protective measures such as a Chinese travel ban.  In other words, treat it with the same seriousness they did the Swine Flu outbreak.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's a type of SARS virus if I understand correctly Marvin. Hope it's quickly contained. 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Old55 said:

It's a type of SARS virus if I understand correctly Marvin. Hope it's quickly contained. 

So do we all , if this gets out of hand ,countless people could die   the chinese are admitting to 3 dead , and apparently one person infected 16 medical staff with the virus 

Scary stuff

• Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Up to 218 cases now, and 4 of those seem to be in Japan, Thailand, and South Korea according to SCMP.  The World Health Organization has an emergency meeting this week about it. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Up to 218 cases now, and 4 of those seem to be in Japan, Thailand, and South Korea according to SCMP.  The World Health Organization has an emergency meeting this week about it. 

If the Govt. here were to impose a travel ban on Japan, Thailand and SK as well as China they may as well close the place down from a tourism perspective.  

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

According to BBC news  , it is thought that the real figure of infected chinese is closer to 1700 

• Sad 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm ever the optimist.  Probably more Chinese die of food poisoning or smoking than will die of this virus.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Probably more Chinese die of food poisoning or smoking than will die of this virus.  

Hard hearted I may be, but I am not concerned about the ones who die of this virus.  I am concerned about the ones who live and spread it around the world as they will not stay, home, rest in be, drink plenty of fluids, and take Aspirin.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

There was an earlier Corona virus... it made me pretty sick a few times 

Thanks Geoff... I wish you hadn't reminded me of those days...:hungover_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic