Corona Virus

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Seriously or you just joking with me, I have looked but I cannot find any news saying this.

I'll find the link.  Give me a few minutes.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

I'll find the link.  Give me a few minutes.

Cheers my dears 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Cheers my dears 

I may have misread it and it it only applies to people who have actually been into China / Hong Kong, not transit passengers.  You might be ok going out.  However, the airlines are already cancelling flights so keep in touch with your airline.  They are not going to fly without passengers.  The U.S. airlines have already stopped, I believe.  German too.

Link at the bottom:

DOT statement following the President's latest directive to contain the NCov

The Department of Tourism (DOT) has immediately advised its foreign offices in China to relay to all stakeholders involved in bringing markets to the Philippines on the latest directive by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to temporarily ban "the entry of any person, regardless of nationality, except Filipino citizens and holders of Permanent Resident Visa issued by the Philippine Government, directly coming from China and its Special Administrative Regions", Hong Kong and Macau, in order to contain the spread of the novel corona virus (NCov)

The directive also includes the following travel guidelines:

• Temporarily banning the entry of any person, regardless of nationality, except Filipino citizens and holders of Permanent Resident Visa issued by the Philippine Government, who within fourteen (14) days immediately preceding arrival in the Philippines, has been to China and its Special Administrative Regions;

• A mandatory fourteen (14) day quarantine for Filipinos and Permanent Resident Visa holders coming from any place in China and its Special Administrative Regions;

• Temporary ban on Filipinos from travel to China and its Special Administrative Regions

The DOT is coordinating with the travel trade sector in the Philippines to ensure the full implementation of this directive. As support to calls for precautionary measures, the Department has earlier released Guidelines in Handling Guests in Tourism Enterprises in the Advent of nCOV Global Health Emergency.

The DOT is in close coordination with all concerned government agencies and assures that precautionary steps are being taken to ensure the safety of Filipinos and travelers from other countries who are visiting the Philippines.

"The safety and protection of our citizens thriving in our tourist spots, the employees of the tourism sector, and domestic and foreign tourists alike remain the Department of Tourism's priority. We call on everyone in the tourism industry to follow these directives until the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Philippine government deems it safe to resume travel to these parts.", stated Tourism Secretary Berna Romulo-Puyat.

https://www.facebook.com/LagingHandaPHL/?__tn__=%2CdkCH-R-R&eid=ARDSWzMz5uHes0iw6pzxKHKc23mXGMh9VbOZzPH6NoJ6H01RmEKhc-JCnj7-GfsJb6vWjoDD7DHGQshR&hc_ref=ARRFueHh6q_TEc4wAlQKbxv2jTJPuIGaYl57ySSIZS9XM_OP1_chu14TaLOG0T19C7o&fref=nf&hc_location=group

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

You little tinker you, you can imagine my face draining at the thought of being in this house with the Bil any longer then needed.

I have checked with Cathy Pacific and it seems there is something in there about the dates 02/02/2020 till 29/02/2020 about changing your flights , but nothing about them being cancelled , I thought we would be contacted by email if that was going to be the case.

Another few months extra could be good but it would certainly be a good few hours away from here , have you a spare room by the way .:whistling:

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

You little tinker you, you can imagine my face draining at the thought of being in this house with the Bil any longer then needed.

I have checked with Cathy Pacific and it seems there is something in there about the dates 02/02/2020 till 29/02/2020 about changing your flights , but nothing about them being cancelled , I thought we would be contacted by email if that was going to be the case.

Another few months extra could be good but it would certainly be a good few hours away from here , have you a spare room by the way .:whistling:

Good luck with the flight or staying!  Sorry if I alarmed you!

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Good luck with the flight or staying!  Sorry if I alarmed you!

If it’s cancelled there is nothing I can do but make another plan, thank you for thinking about me and the flights much appreciated .:thumbsup:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, stevewool said:

You can get an extension Steve, up to 3 years if you like.:whistling:

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

You can get an extension Steve, up to 3 years if you like.:whistling:

I’ve got to get back I got my speeding awareness course is early March , I don’t want a international arrest warrant being put out for me , but as Arnie says I’ll be back.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

And maybe I could put you up for a short while, but NOT your extended family! Of course, you would have to fly to Davao...

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic