Corona Virus

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Thanks Tommy, but I not coming helping you paint your new house.:smile:

Steve... I would not ask you to paint our house... Besides... the plaster is too fresh anyway... It will be weeks before any painting....

I am serious... you could stay here, but in the apartment, not the house...and not your relatives... I know it's a long shot for you but the offer is there...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Steve... I would not ask you to paint our house... Besides... the plaster is too fresh anyway... It will be weeks before any painting....

I am serious... you could stay here, but in the apartment, not the house...and not your relatives... I know it's a long shot for you but the offer is there...

Thanks again Tommy, by the way do you know my relative and that is why they cannot come.:hystery:

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

If you can swing a broom, I might consider paying you to stay here for a while, Steve. P4,000 a month and the WiFi password? What do you think? :rolleyes:

Swing a broom easy peasy , Ems can even fly it.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

Thanks again Tommy, by the way do you know my relative and that is why they cannot come.:hystery:

My God, Steve... only by reputation and your voluminous descriptions!!!!!

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Well, if you can feed 30 cats and don't mind doing others' skivvies in the wash, you might have a new career!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, stevewool said:

There you go... you now have two offers... I don't know if JD would preclude the rellies? He didn't say. I definitely did!

I, personally, would die of allergic reactions at his home from the cats...

Ems would have to cook, wash dishes and be quiet... are all three possible? (Kidding... she could talk with L and it would be like a 500 m/byte modem connection!)

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

Seriously or you just joking with me, I have looked but I cannot find any news saying this.

Looks like the local airlines are stopping flights to/from Hong Kong.  I suppose others may follow, too soon to say.

https://www.rappler.com/business/250824-philippine-airlines-cebu-pacific-airasia-suspend-china-hong-kong-macau-flights-novel-coronavirus

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine Airlines (PAL), Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia all expanded their suspension of flights on Sunday, February 2, to cover all flights to and from China, Hong Kong, and Macau, effective immediately.

The airlines' move came after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered an expanded travel ban on foreigners coming directly from China, Hong Kong, and Macau, amid the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak. (READ: PH expands visa suspension for travelers from China, Hong Kong, Macau)

Filipinos are also temporarily barred from traveling to the 3 areas.

What specifically are the affected flights and until when?

PAL

flights between Manila and Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Xiamen, Quanzhou (Jinjiang), Hong Kong, Macau (until February 29)
AirAsia

flights to or from Manila, Kalibo, and Cebu to or from Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Macau (until further notice)
Cebu Pacific

flights to and from Beijing, Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen (until March 29)
flights to and from Hong Kong and Macau (until February 29)
What can affected passengers do?

PAL

Passengers may either refund their tickets or rebook their trip once the travel ban is lifted. Service fees will be waived for both options.
Call PAL hotline (+632) 8855-8888 for refund and rebooking if the ticket was bought through the PAL website, contact center, or ticket office.
Contact your travel agent if the ticket was purchased through a travel agency.
Cebu Pacific

Use the Manage Booking portal on the airline's website to avail of any of the following options:

Rebook the flight (new flight date within 30 days of original travel date).
Refund the ticket in full.
Store the value of the ticket in a Travel Fund for future use.
AirAsia

For guests affected by canceled flights and travel restrictions:

One-time flight change to a new travel date on the same route within 30 calendar days from original flight time without additional cost, subject to seat availability.
For affected flights to and from mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau until March 1 that were ticketed before January 28:

Retain the value of your fare in your AirAsia BIG Loyalty account for future travel with AirAsia.
Obtain a full refund via support.airasia.com. If the ticket was bought through a travel agent, make the refund request through the agent.
The epicenter of the 2019-nCoV outbreak is the Chinese city of Wuhan in Hubei province.

Across China, the virus had left more than 300 people dead and over 14,300 infected as of Sunday.

The first death outside China was announced in the Philippines on Sunday – a 44-year-old Chinese man who traveled to the Philippines from Wuhan. He was also the country's second confirmed case of 2019-nCoV, and a companion of the first patient, a 38-year-old woman. – Rappler.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

BOI has implemented a travel ban on China.  Philippine OFW and Chinese who have are permanent residents can stay but have to undergo a 14 day quarantine.  All others will be turned back to origin.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/724530/bureau-of-immigration-expands-travel-ban-to-cover-china-and-sars/story/

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Sunday said it had expanded the travel ban to cover foreigners coming from China and its Special Administrative Regions (SARs) following the Palace’s issuance of fresh directives on the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak. 

In a statement, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said all foreign nationals coming from China or its SARs would be turned back and not allowed to enter the country.

Filipino nationals and Philippine permanent resident visa holders would, however, be allowed to enter the country but would be required to undergo a 14-day home quarantine. 

The ban also covered other visa holders, transiting passengers, and travelers who had been to China or its SARs within 14 days prior to their arrival in the Philippines.

Aside from arrivals, the ban also included departure restrictions on Filipinos headed for China or its SARs.

“We have sent a notice to airlines and shipping agents requiring them to screen passengers before boarding to restrict the arrival of aliens who have visited the areas of concern in the past 14 days,” Morente said.

“We urge everyone to temporarily refrain from unnecessary travel, and to bear with the government as we implement this measure.”

• Thanks 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

Hong Kong is a no no now

Screenshot_20200203_075622_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic