Corona Virus

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

The graph below shows the increase in cases over time and the large increase of the last graph bar shows the change in diagnosis that Mike J is talking about.

covid-19-cases-in-china.png

So all the columns apart from the last one are under reporting, not that there has been a big spike.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gary D said:

So all the columns apart from the last one are under reporting, not that there has been a big spike.

That is my understanding of the situation also.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

This all does tend to scare the poo out of me... no need for laxatives here...

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

In short, the Chinese have downplayed the real numbers.  Sadly, my life experience over the last several years has confirmed that this is just what they do.  There is a fundamental lack of what we think of as candor, honesty, truthfulness.  I'm not saying we are saints, just that there is a major disconnect in the way they think.  

The videos leaking out are scary as hell.  The country that perpetrated the Tiananmen square massacre, the Uigher 're-education' camps, and most likely a massive organ harvesting trade.  I mean, I wish this virus was a shock to me but it isn't. 

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 2/4/2020 at 11:13 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wong numbers

All I can contribute to this is that there were four Chinese brothers working on heavier-than-air flight at the time the plane flew at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina and it was learned, very quickly, that four Wongs don't make two Wrights.

• Haha 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 2/4/2020 at 4:45 PM, Arizona Kid said:

FYI I ordered some masks on Lazada yesterday. I'm too old to worry about it but I wanted to get some for my GF and my son. They are made in China so I don't know if I will get them or not.:89:

I ordered a box of 10 N95 masks from Walmart.

I have a couple here in Otter Box-type containers, along with snap lights and other things, for use in case of catastrophic earthquake - a container for me and for M in our nightstand drawers.

I ordered just in time - Walmart is now out of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

The death rate is now over 1400 , and that's what the Chinese are admitting 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Curly Howard
Posted
Posted

Tomorrow there will be huge deal's on high-rise buildings for sale in Sihanookville!

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Food for thought.....consider the numbers in the recent Johns Hopkins study,computer model on a very similar virus.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/scientist-simulated-coronavirus-pandemic-deaths-2020-1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

Food for thought.....consider the numbers in the recent Johns Hopkins study,computer model on a very similar virus.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/scientist-simulated-coronavirus-pandemic-deaths-2020-1

Old news.  This went around last month.  You should read more detail about the study before spreading that.  Hopefully the current virus is more controlled than that and is quite different.  Read here:

https://hub.jhu.edu/2019/11/06/event-201-health-security/

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic