Corona Virus

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The pic below is the latest Philippines confirmed cases numbers, I suspect they're higher than this.

Covid-19 Philippines.jpg

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

So does that mean all flights into and out are suspended.

This is an extract from the latest Code Red 2 Malacañang statement from the Presidential Spokesperson.

*entry travel restrictions shall be imposed upon those traveling from countries with localized COVID-19 transmissions, except for Filipino citizens including their foreign spouse and children, if any, holders of permanent resident visa, and holders of diplomatic visas issued by the Philippine Government.*

localized COVID-19 transmission is present in Australia, the UK and the USA (and a lot of other western countries) so it could be potentially be a problem entering the Philippines, if not now then in the near future.

That has implications for people on tourist visas doing visa runs and for people like me who don't spend the entire year there.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

The pic below is the latest Philippines confirmed cases numbers, I suspect they're higher than this.

Well, that's certainly good news for us here in Davao... Let's just hope there aren't any asymptomatic carriers wandering around here spreading it about. I will continue to sequester myself as much as possible - costs me nothing and makes me relax a bit.

However, I did have to go out today to get more internal medication (Tanduay) to help prevent infection... So far it seems to be working! I am not sick yet (physically).

• Haha 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
On 3/12/2020 at 12:16 PM, Gary D said:

I wonder which will be the first major airline to crash.

Though I am sure they will survive, I had an email from Emirates this morning regarding our flight from Manila to London on the 18th April, offering an upgrade to business class for £278. I have often had these before, but invariably about 24 hours before travel, not more than a month prior to travel. I am tempted to write back saying I will accept a free upgrade otherwise I will cancel the booking. I wonder if it might work?

With the announcement yesterday that domestic air and sea travel to/from Manila shut down for 30 days I guess all MNL international flights will have to route via Cebu or Clark for at least the next month? 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

I had an email from Emirates this morning regarding our flight from Manila to London on the 18th April, offering an upgrade to business class for £278. I have often had these before, but invariably about 24 hours before travel, not more than a month prior to travel.

Interesting... I normally use Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines to travel Melbourne to Manila because they are the only ones with direct flights; yesterday I got an unsolicited email from Cebu Pacific with a promo announcement that guests who book and travel soon will have free access to flexible flights and no fee 2 bookings and access to the 'Full Travel Fund' (not sure what that one is).  Guests who book soon for travel later will have access to flexible flights but not the Full Travel Fund.

I think they're really feeling the drop in numbers.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Interesting... I normally use Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines to travel Melbourne to Manila because they are the only ones with direct flights; yesterday I got an unsolicited email from Cebu Pacific with a promo announcement that guests who book and travel soon will have free access to flexible flights and no fee 2 bookings and access to the 'Full Travel Fund' (not sure what that one is).  Guests who book soon for travel later will have access to flexible flights but not the Full Travel Fund.

I think they're really feeling the drop in numbers.

I had that email from Cebu Pacific also. Unfortunately our flights from CDO to MNL we’re booked weeks ago so I don’t get the option of the flexible option. 
FYI the travel fund you refer to is where any refund is credited to you by way of a credit, not as cash. It has to used within 90 days though.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I always feel you are waiting in the wings here....ready to pounce! But that's okay... you are polite and gentlemanly (mostly) about that.:1927_:

And, besides, my last was not so much doomsday... It was Fried-Day!:smile:

I'm happy to hear you take my comments in the spirit intended, Tom!  

We're all different and good forums (and this is)  need the mix of views - even when those views are clearly wrong! :tongue:

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I forgot to mention that the concentration is supposed to be 70% or above....sorry.

Okay.... please deposit 100 pesos into my numbered Swiss bank account?

I read a recent article about hand sanitizing (but can't find it now). Tommy's right. Between 70% and 90% alcohol is good but anything under 70% and, oddly, over 90% is not as effective. Make sure to puddle the alcohol in your palm and stick your fingertips in it to get it under your nails. It's always best to wash your hands with soap and water.  And sit up straight. And keep your feet off of the furniture.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, hk blues said:

even when those views are clearly wrong! 

Ahhh.... like yours!!!:hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Between 70% and 90% alcohol is good but anything under 70% and, oddly, over 90% is not as effective.

Okay, okay.... so I will drink more Tanduay to get the concentration of alcohol above 70%... My God... that means a LOT of Tanduay, JD! But I will be careful so it is not too much.

And I will keep my feet off the furniture...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic