Corona Virus

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Yes I've been saying that for days now.  The good news is, if you could count all the cases, it would obviously make the death rate much lower than they are saying.  The flu is still killing a hell of a lot more people, but I guess you guys are getting tired of hearing me say that. 

Waiting and watching. 

One issue with the virus "head count" is the common cold ,i  just got rid of one and at this time if the year ,there are many with a cold , it must be muddying the overall picture 

Ive never had the flu ,ive had some stinking colds but not the flu

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Some clergy are saying this is a biblical plaque sent by god ??

Popular sales pitch, that.  :unsure:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Some clergy are saying this is a biblical plaque sent by god ??

That's OK.  All we have to do is pray and I'll go away. :whistling:

• Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

As we rode in the trike en-route to the mall this morn  we came to the plaza and city hall. To my ears came a growing high decibel, thumping sound originating, I think from the city hall building..... 

They were blasting out....... "My Corona !"    Yes.... it was that Mikey Bustos parody song (My Sharona) that one of the lads posted here on the thread.

I smiled.  I love this place !    Even the Public Service Announcements in the face of impending and escalating social stress have that Bahala Na  response tacked onto the more pragmatic public health measures that are being employed.   

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Iran has asked the IMF fir a massive loan

It would be a great time for them to sell all their uranium enrichment facilities and stockpiles to the USA and make friends again . . just don't shake on it. (Maybe elbow bump instead).

• Haha 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Response to the alcohol in hand sanitizer posts:

Reminder that hand washing is better than hand sanitizer. Washing is better at physically removing germs and viruses. The weak point of the vius is a fatty layer in its shell. Soap is the better way to break down that fatty layer and kill the virus.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Response to the alcohol in hand sanitizer posts:

Reminder that hand washing is better than hand sanitizer. Washing is better at physically removing germs and viruses. The weak point of the vius is a fatty layer in its shell. Soap is the better way to break down that fatty layer and kill the virus.

Whenever I'm out and about, I carry in my fanny pack a small bottle of alcohol, face towel and flashlight.  Soap is not usually available in public CR's.  That way you can sanitize your hands on the go, especially after peeing against the wall......he, he.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Looking on social media if the virus isn't in the provinces yet it soon will be.  Thousands queuing at the bus stations and ports trying to get home.  They estimate at least 1m on the move. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jake said:

That way you can sanitize your hands on the go, especially after peeing against the wall

You can get arrested in USA for doing that... (I mean the peeing against the wall part).:89:

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

You can get arrested in USA for doing that... (I mean the peeing against the wall part).:89:

I sorry Tommy, I should have referenced that public urination is still a common practice in PI.  For example, you see a fresh mango or pineapple perfectly sliced and served on the streets of Manila.  What you don't see is that street vendor just came back from the nearest wall without any respect for personal hygiene.

But I think it's a wise advice to keep yourself hydrated.  All that nasty stuff in your mouth can be washed down to your stomach, where the acids will take care of all that shit.  So bottoms up with San Magoo, Tanduay rum or gin.  However, don't drink the water.  Es mo pun in da Philippines.  

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic