Corona Virus

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2020 at 8:27 AM, bastonjock said:

Some clergy are saying this is a biblical plaque sent by god ??

:89: It does mention in Revelations in the Bible about end of times, Dave H also mentioned a prediction in a book in the 1980's?

JacK P recently mentioned Plagues and Pestilence, if nothing more this Pandemic is certainly openning minds, while Jake practices toileting Filipino style.

:whatever:       Oh well, it takes all kinds to make a world

• Hmm thinking 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, gery0x said:

Hahahahaha I've never heard that one before :hystery:

Look up "Pet Names For Genitalia" by Weird Al Yankovic.

Gator
Posted
Posted

AEAC7CF0-5DE7-4C42-A24C-39DA5E4636FD.jpeg

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Bars, clubs, beer houses, public gatherings, but nary a word about shutting down the cockfights?  :popcorn:

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Now you're talking sacrilege Mike!  :hystery:

jimeve
Posted
Posted

St Patrick's day tomorrow and the Irish government want to close all the bars in Ireland.:goodluck_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

St Patrick's day tomorrow and the Irish government want to close all the bars in Ireland

If true that will give a whole new meaning to the term "the troubles" :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Do you realize how many die from this Corona Virus?  I believe it is between 7 and 8 percent of those who get it end up dead.  Here is my logic.

I follow a site that updates the world wide statistics constantly.  Here is the link.  Now take a look at this screen shot.  Of the number or "RESOLVED" cases, 8% have died worldwide.  Of the number of "ONGOING" cases, 7% are critical and in danger of dying.  That is double the number the media is throwing around.  

7 percent.jpg

• Sad 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you realize how many die from this Corona Virus?  I believe it is between 7 and 8 percent of those who get it end up dead.  Here is my logic.

I follow a site that updates the world wide statistics constantly.  Here is the link.  Now take a look at this screen shot.  Of the number or "RESOLVED" cases, 8% have died worldwide.  Of the number of "ONGOING" cases, 7% are critical and in danger of dying.  That is double the number the media is throwing around.  

7 percent.jpg

Dave, I agree with Marvin that the denominator is completely wrong, so the death % shown there are very high.

It has been widely circulated that many people have gotten it but they probably didn't know it.  Either no symptoms or mild symptoms.  I have seen figures as high as 80% for people who have at the most mild symptoms and get better.

So for the most part, a lot of those people included on Worldometer are counted because they are sick enough to seek medical attention, or they fall into one of the high risk categories.  Here in the Philippines, if I think I have it, I will have to be getting very ill before I tell anyone.

Now there are a few countries that have done much more testing, like South Korea.  I think that is big factor in why they have low death rates.  They increased the denominator with all that testing.  The have 8236 cases and only 75 deaths, less than 1% death rate.  The increased testing does have other benefits that reduce the death rate, but counting a lot mild cases in the denominator definitely lowers the death rate a lot.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, I agree with Marvin that the denominator is completely wrong, so the death % shown there are very high.

It has been widely circulated that many people have gotten it but they probably didn't know it.  Either no symptoms or mild symptoms.  I have seen figures as high as 80% for people who have at the most mild symptoms and get better.

So for the most part, a lot of those people included on Worldometer are counted because they are sick enough to seek medical attention, or they fall into one of the high risk categories.  Here in the Philippines, if I think I have it, I will have to be getting very ill before I tell anyone.

Now there are a few countries that have done much more testing, like South Korea.  I think that is big factor in why they have low death rates.  They increased the denominator with all that testing.  The have 8236 cases and only 75 deaths, less than 1% death rate.  The increased testing does have other benefits that reduce the death rate, but counting a lot mild cases in the denominator definitely lowers the death rate a lot.

The most important part of the denominator is what risk category you are in. For me, the denominator is much smaller because it will be that sub set of people who have COPD and get COVID-19. That is why myself, my wife and daughter are staying home as much as we can to reduce my risk. At least until effective treatment's or vaccines are available. Finallly, don't forget to multiply the denominator by how many rolls of toilet paper you have.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic