Corona Virus

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Fictionally reporting now from a still secret 1950's bunker network build by the WW II Japanese and taken over by US liberating forces but kept under wraps for clandestine project development by a cabal of international scientists of unknown affiliation. 

Triple laugh!!! I laughed so hard I almost peed myself here!

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Gin and tonic is a drink first invented by the army of the British East India Company in the 1700s, almost by chance. As malaria became more of a threat to the Empire, soldiers were given doses of quinine powder to prevent and treat the disease.

Yeah... I knew about that already. Maybe that 25% Brit part of my heritage is what makes me appreciate it. Trust the Brits to come up with a creative way to make bitter medicine tasty, refreshing and intoxicating...:tiphat:

But who was the wizard who figured out that gin would work so well with it?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

So maybe I should change my beverage of choice from Tanduay to gin and tonics?:89:

You may live longer if you do change!

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

You may live longer if you do change!

Good point!:smile:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Here is a very interesting story about premonition on the part of some forward thinkers and planners:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/coronavirus-outbreak-a-cascade-of-warnings-heard-but-unheeded/ar-BB11pYY1?li=BBnb7Kz

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere that the amount of quinine in bitter lemon drink is so small as to be useless for any malaria you might have, I suspect it would be the same for COVID-19... but hey it can't hurt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

One of my co workers was told to leave a medical center yesterday afternoon due to the possibility of the virus being present 

We have all been banned from attending the site , 

They are going to do a deep clean ,

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

One of my co workers was told to leave a medical center yesterday afternoon due to the possibility of the virus being present 

We have all been banned from attending the site , 

They are going to do a deep clean ,

This COVID19 thing has shocked me even more than the Trade Center 9/11 attack. Hard to wrap your brain around it. Confusion abounds. Will it taper out and go away? Or is the worst yet to come? :mellow:

• Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Or is the worst yet to come? 

I believe we have a way to go - how's that for sounding sorta neutral, maybe, kinda?

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I believe we have a way to go - how's that for sounding sorta neutral, maybe, kinda?

Kinda sorta like the rest of us?:unsure:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic