Corona Virus

peterfe
Posted
Posted

I see there has been some talk how well the virus survives at high temperatures under "Knock on effect of the virus", but sorry, I haven't got time to read through everything here, so excuse me if what I'm saying has been said before.

I'm surprised how little mention there has been in the media about the fact that practically all the countries with loads of cases are relatively cold in the winter. Here in the Philippines, it's either hot or "cool", depending how you live. The people with little money live permanently in temperatures of around 25-35 degrees. Those with money spend most of their time in temperatures around 20 (AC at home and in offices and shopping malls). So what would be interesting would be to find out more about the background of the people who have caught the virus here - even though many patients, if interviewed, couldn't say for certainty where they picked it up, they could be asked about their habits (AC at home or not, go to malls or not, etc.). If it was discovered that most of the patients were poor people who lived permanently in temperatures of 25-35 degrees, that would make the hypothesis that the virus doesn't transmit so well in high temperatures less plausible. But if the vast majority of the patients had been spending almost all their time in temperatures of around 20, that would be a different story!

Let's hope that the hypothesis is true, then we can all turn off our ACs and sweat it out like the poor people. And the poor people, for once, would be "privileged"!  

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

As of tomorrow there's also an alcohol ban 

Can someone explain the logic of an alcohol ban?  Is this an attempt at thwarting gatherings?   Does not compute.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Can someone explain the logic of an alcohol ban?

to easy Marvin,,,,,lots of unemployed guys,,,,sit outside on the street (to many women and kids in the house) Drink booze, run out of booze, no work, no money,,,fight over who buys the next bottle or who bogarted that last swig...……….."drinking sessions" fatalities are more common than balut venders :nudie:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Sure, so lets ban alcohol.  Ayayay....  Funny how crime is way down, even without an alcohol ban!  Methinks some politicians don't have enough to do....

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

90263791_10157733929465485_8049826219551621120_n.jpg

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Presumably the alcohol ban is aimed at keeping the restless peasants subdued... as at election times ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, peterfe said:

I see there has been some talk how well the virus survives at high temperatures under "Knock on effect of the virus", but sorry, I haven't got time to read through everything here, so excuse me if what I'm saying has been said before.

I'm surprised how little mention there has been in the media about the fact that practically all the countries with loads of cases are relatively cold in the winter. Here in the Philippines, it's either hot or "cool", depending how you live. The people with little money live permanently in temperatures of around 25-35 degrees. Those with money spend most of their time in temperatures around 20 (AC at home and in offices and shopping malls). So what would be interesting would be to find out more about the background of the people who have caught the virus here - even though many patients, if interviewed, couldn't say for certainty where they picked it up, they could be asked about their habits (AC at home or not, go to malls or not, etc.). If it was discovered that most of the patients were poor people who lived permanently in temperatures of 25-35 degrees, that would make the hypothesis that the virus doesn't transmit so well in high temperatures less plausible. But if the vast majority of the patients had been spending almost all their time in temperatures of around 20, that would be a different story!

Let's hope that the hypothesis is true, then we can all turn off our ACs and sweat it out like the poor people. And the poor people, for once, would be "privileged"!  

Yet the virus survives very well at temperatures of 37 deg.

• Like 2

peterfe
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Yet the virus survives very well at temperatures of 37 deg.

Do you have any reliable source for that info? I thought it was still unknown how it reacts/is passed on at high temperatures.  

RBM
Posted
Posted

Although I am not a great believer in prophecies and predictions I find it uncanny the well known Author  Sylvia Browne appeared to have nailed this in her book of 2008   End of The Days.

Quote Around 2020 a sever pneumonia illness will spread though out the globe attacking lungs and bronchial tubes. On a more positive note she also goes on to say it will vanish as quickly as it arrived, how ever it will attack again years later, after disappear for ever....

Guess not the only accurate prediction, still makes me shake the head a bit.

Side note having problems to find any info on the stay at home for seniors.....Anybody know if this nation wide or just selected provinces?

RBM
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, scott h said:

to easy Marvin,,,,,lots of unemployed guys,,,,sit outside on the street (to many women and kids in the house) Drink booze, run out of booze, no work, no money,,,fight over who buys the next bottle or who bogarted that last swig...……….."drinking sessions" fatalities are more common than balut venders :nudie:

Yes maybe more money will now will go to food for the family instead of booze.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic