Corona Virus

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, peterfe said:

Do you have any reliable source for that info? I thought it was still unknown how it reacts/is passed on at high temperatures.  

Yes 300,000 cases worldwide to date.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, RBM said:

Although I am not a great believer in prophecies and predictions I find it uncanny the well known Author  Sylvia Browne appeared to have nailed this in her book of 2008   End of The Days.

Quote Around 2020 a sever pneumonia illness will spread though out the globe attacking lungs and bronchial tubes. On a more positive note she also goes on to say it will vanish as quickly as it arrived, how ever it will attack again years later, after disappear for ever....

Guess not the only accurate prediction, still makes me shake the head a bit.

Side note having problems to find any info on the stay at home for seniors.....Anybody know if this nation wide or just selected provinces?

Sorry but that story doing the rounds is fake news. 

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
Just now, Snowy79 said:

Sorry but that story doing the rounds is fake news. 

Ahh really I received this info in a text message and had heard of the Author, if your info is correct Snowy no need to down load the book.

hard to know what true or other wise.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Can someone explain the logic of an alcohol ban?  Is this an attempt at thwarting gatherings?   Does not compute.

Hungry people when they are drunk are more likely to commit acts they wouldn't do when sober. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, RBM said:

maybe more money will now will go to food for the family instead of booze.

Did you start drinking early???? :hystery:

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yes maybe more money will now will go to food for the family instead of booze.

Yes, In the USA to food, gouging medical expenses and insurance, over priced education, and a whole host of parasites that live off the working people... have put them on the edge of a cliff.

I knew for sure that things were headed down when they started over taxing and predatory pricing the working bloke's small, traditional, low cost daily comforts like tavern beer, smokes, cheap movie tickets and other forms of working class entertainment.  I guess those at the top of the heap figure that the lower income classes don't need time for those small indulgences since they're working 2 or 3 jobs to survive.

When you over hunt the herds, your whole survival system collapses, which seems to be on the verge of happening now.   Unchecked Greed and the Tragedy of the Commons always ends with ruin for all.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, peterfe said:

I'm surprised how little mention there has been in the media about the fact that practically all the countries with loads of cases are relatively cold in the winter. 

I'm surprised you feel that - one of the key points of observations on the outbreak has been this. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Can someone explain the logic of an alcohol ban?  Is this an attempt at thwarting gatherings?   Does not compute.

I guess you've answered your own question there, Marvin!

Probably other reasons too - drunk people tend to cause problems, income down means less money for essentials so stop people buying non-essentials, resources in hospitals and police being diverted and so on. 

Kinda makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

And yet, crime is actually down according to this morning's news.  Not because of an alcohol ban, but because people are staying home.  OK OK I get it, government knows best....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, peterfe said:

I see there has been some talk how well the virus survives at high temperatures under "Knock on effect of the virus", but sorry, I haven't got time to read through everything here, so excuse me if what I'm saying has been said before.

I believe its true.  I have read the Chinese research paper from a month or more ago that says they determined there have been no cases of transmission when the temp is 30 C and the humidity is 35 %. I won't provide the source.  Reason: even though the Chinese currently have better control of the virus than US and Europe, people do not believe them.  Even though the Chinese have been using Malaria drugs to treat this for months, few believed until the POTUS said "we are going to research that and it looks promising"  (paraphrasing).   So since its just me talking and I won't quote the Chinese research paper how can I convince anyone.  AHA  Yahoo says its true at this link.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic