graham59
Posted
Posted

fromfb90101632_1123258911369224_8660632691449790464_o.jpg

• Haha 4

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Well it sounds like this Hydroxy chloroquine is pretty darned effective against the virus.  Does anyone know if they plan to start prescribing it here in Philippines?  As I understand, its a well known medication for malaria, so they should be familiar with it here. 

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Well it sounds like this Hydroxy chloroquine is pretty darned effective against the virus.  Does anyone know if they plan to start prescribing it here in Philippines?  As I understand, its a well known medication for malaria, so they should be familiar with it here. 

It's being tested in New york. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/malaria-medicine-hydroxychloroquine-being-administered-to-1100-covid19-patients-in-ny-President/articleshow/74885135.cms

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Finally... I have been yelling about this medication for - three weeks now? So somebody finally listened?

Nitwits in charge....

• Hmm thinking 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Finally... I have been yelling about this medication for - three weeks now? So somebody finally listened?

Nitwits in charge....

They obviously don't follow our forum, Tom.  To their detriment!  We got all the answers if they would only ask :tiphat:

• Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I have been yelling about this medication for - three weeks now?

Chinese have been using it for 6 weeks and nobody listens to them either.  Funny that they do not, considering China has their Covid "under control" while so many other countries are flying past them with numbers of infections and deaths.

But each country makes up their own mind.  Prince Charles figures one week of quarantine is enough.  Londoners still crowd into the tube. And yet the Brits are not as bad off as the Yanks.  Go figure.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Meanwhile, down under, an Australian rocket scientist gets magnets stuck in his nose trying to create a virus fighting method.  Have a read and a laugh.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-52094804

• Haha 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

It IS a little bit funny (?) curious (?) how now there is all this independent research happening simultaneously everywhere, summoning up different cures for this thing.  As if we have not researched already for all the other Covid strains, and annual flu research going on for decades.  Magnets, bleach, salt water, various drugs, nobody wants to follow others' research results, etc......

I guess for a country like Philippines, they will kind of sit and watch whatever the prevailing recommendation is before they start an official treatment scheme?  Im sure if we summon up some local superstition, we can find a Philippine cure!   

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

And on THAT thought, here is an article from New York Post reporting how NY hospitals are treating this thing with good old Vitamin C.  

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/new-york-hospitals-treating-coronavirus-patients-with-vitamin-c/

I normally take both vitamin D3 and vitamin C. When the spread of COVID-19 to my area seemed likely I started doubling the dose. It doesn't hurt to try keep your immune system up to the best of its ability.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic