Corona Virus

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, earthdome said:

I normally take both vitamin D3 and vitamin C. When the spread of COVID-19 to my area seemed likely I started doubling the dose. It doesn't hurt to try keep your immune system up to the best of its ability.

Roger that, all STOP, maintain silence and set weapons free.  For the past 10 years or so, my recovery from a simple cold or the flu takes longer than before.  I'm type 2 diabetic, so I know I'm already compromised.  

Six feet apart or six feet under.....easy choice, right?  

• Like 5

Heeb
Posted
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jake said:

Six feet apart or six feet under.....easy choice, right?  

Keep your powder dry, Jake. Like I do...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

So now Mother Nature is getting a laugh for her grand April Fools joke on humanity today? I'm not laughing.:Mad:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

So now Mother Nature is getting a laugh for her grand April Fools joke on humanity today? I'm not laughing.

The thought did cross my mind the other day, that the impending day of traditional shenanigans isn't going to get off the ground this year. Maybe because we've all suffered the results of dealing with an overabundance of Fools recently and don't see the point in encouraging or celebrating any additional inanities or nonsense.

It was fun when I was 10 years old, but not right now.  

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

The thought did cross my mind the other day, that the impending day of traditional shenanigans isn't going to get off the ground this year. Maybe because we've all suffered the results of dealing with an overabundance of Fools recently and don't see the point in encouraging or celebrating any additional inanities or nonsense.

It was fun when I was 10 years old, but not right now.  

Oh, I don't know.  There have been some good stories in the newspapers (remember them) and on TV in the UK over the years.  A bit of harmless fun in the main.  I agree this year is not the time though.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

a really cold dose of reality

That article is depressing. The astounding thing, to me is that the article reports so many deaths relatated to Covid 19 that are not included in the stats and yet still hopes that the end result statistic will only be about 1.5 % deathrate.  I have a feeling that will be the official statistic regardless of how many die.  Ostrich syndrome.

Thanks for the article.  I am very fortunate to be in a country that is taking this VERY serious.  There are unexpected consequences to taking things so serious.  Our border with the US has tightened up to near shut down and that has affected the supply of hard drugs moving into our country.  Loads of addicts are going through withdrawals.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I read that the UK stats vary but not necessarily to disguise the real number, rather to have a "sure" number.  Basically, only deaths in hospital where corona virus was the cause of death (or significant factor) are counted, and then deaths outside hospital are added once the death certificate is issued.  Therefore, there is not so much a difference in number but a difference in timing.  

That approach makes sense - according to the info, the difference is only about 40 thus far.  

• Hmm thinking 1

peterfe
Posted
Posted

Copied from 'sending money' which was the wrong place (again)!

I realise that there are many Filipinos in a much worse situation than us foreigners, but I can't help wondering how we will cope if the lockdown drags on for months. For me, being over 65 in Cebu Province, I haven't been able to leave the house for about ten days, and already I'm starting to get itchy feet - wouldn't it be nice to be able to walk about where you want, go out for a coffee in the morning or a beer in the evening!? If it was easy to get a flight out and back (even with quarantine) I could easily imagine myself taking a trip to somewhere (Japan? Korea?) where cafes are still open and you can live a normal free life, even if just for a few weeks. That would be a "holiday". Living in the beautiful Philippines with its friendly people is normally like a "holiday", but not just now.

How on earth are we going to feel if we're under house arrest for several months? 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic