Corona Virus

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'd imagine travelling to Japan could prove to be out of the frying pan and into the fire - they may impose lockdowns anytime.  

peterfe
Posted
Posted

Sweden is taking a less hysterical attitude (though too far away to travel for my holiday), with many restaurants and bars open, and it actually has slightly fewer cases per head of population than Denmark and much less than Norway.

On another note, why does everybody quote the number of people who have caught the virus including those who have recovered? Surely the ones who've recovered (about 21% at the moment) aren't relevant. Will they still be including them in, say, six months time when they've reached, say, 90%?  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, peterfe said:

On another note, why does everybody quote the number of people who have caught the virus including those who have recovered? Surely the ones who've recovered (about 21% at the moment) aren't relevant. Will they still be including them in, say, six months time when they've reached, say, 90%?  

I think it may be because there have been some indications of relapse or reinfection of "recovered" people?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Pre-clinical Virus trials are underway in Australia now (as well as in other countries), hopefully one of the groups has early success.

https://blog.csiro.au/covid19-vaccine-trials/?fbclid=IwAR1KfeY7vmpf6MdKbPtL4b7lKjg7idnpDrj1TdN3ZPvA4UKKhDra7v10Zx0

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if this has been posted.  For some reason the forum software / cookie lost track of where I was in this topic and started me back on page 1.  It has been a week or so since I looked at this topic and I don't want to go back to try an figure out where I was.

This is a nice graph.  Hit "play" at the bottom.  After that, you can select each country to see the graph line, although it is a bit difficult to select those that are close together.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/infection-trajectory-flattening-the-covid19-curve/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted.  For some reason the forum software / cookie lost track of where I was in this topic and started me back on page 1

All topics for me

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted.  For some reason the forum software / cookie lost track of where I was in this topic and started me back on page 1.  It has been a week or so since I looked at this topic and I don't want to go back to try an figure out where I was.

This is a nice graph.  Hit "play" at the bottom.  After that, you can select each country to see the graph line, although it is a bit difficult to select those that are close together.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/infection-trajectory-flattening-the-covid19-curve/

I checked 6 countries from the list that I am most interested in..... it gave a good clean comparative trajectory comparison. 

At the bottom of the article were other graph/chart/data sites. The Global Commuter Shutdown Activity, with individual city charts was quite interesting.  I can see why Russia is on the rise with its infection rate.

I shall watch this site in the future.     I will ignore the CCP's data from China, since it is highly suspect.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

All topics for me

Most recent topics for me...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Most recent topics for me...

As stated in the forum problems forum it is only topics that were moved into the Coronavirus new forum. The system thinks they are new topics or something or because the new forum has not yet set your cookies there. Once you read then it will take you where you last were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic