Maybe China don't pray hard enough :2245_safe:

10 hours ago, canadamale said:

pray to whom, who, what?

Well my prayers were answered.....The wife is safely back in UK :thumbsup:

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it may effect flights in and out of Hong Kong in the next days ,weeks or months .

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The 3 Chinese quarantined have been cleared.  Ah Chu, Snee Zing and Coff Ing are now enjoying their holiday on Boracay. :hystery:

The Aklan sent back 80 Chinese who had arrived on a plane from Wuhan.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/250195-aklan-health-authorities-send-back-wuhan-boracay-bound-tourists

AKLAN, Philippines – Health authorities here repatriated Saturday, January 25, some 80 Chinese tourists who were among a group onboard a plane which left Wuhan, China just before a total lockdown was imposed on the city known as the epicenter of raging coronavirus epidemic.

For its part, Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) has also suspended airline operations between Wuhan and the Philippines on Thursday, January 23.

Hours before the restrictions of Philippine and China authorities though some 135 passengers onboard a Royal Air Charter flight arrived Thursday morning at the Kalibo International Airport from Wuhan.

They were all bound for Boracay Island and were scheduled to return to China on January 30.

While those identified as from Wuhan were repatriated Saturday, the rest of the group were allowed to stay in Boracay until Monday, January 27.

Despite high-level monitoring and surveillance measures by Aklan authorites, the presence in Boracay of tourists from China has triggered alarm and public anxiety in the province.

Airports and ports remained on alert as quarantine officers enhanced temperature screening of passengers from other countries to contain the coronavirus threat.

Last week, 3 Chinese citizens with no travel history to Wuhan were examined in Aklan provincial hospital after they experienced flu-like symptoms on arrival at Kalibo airport. A flight attendant also sought medical help after arriving at Kalibo airport from Wuhan. She was self-quarantined after manifesting the symptoms.

Provincial Health Officer I Dr. Cornelio Cuachon, Jr. said specimen samples were collected and transported to Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) for confirmatory tests.

Health authorities in Aklan said the province had no confirmed cases of patients contracting of new identified coronavirus strain.

Cuachon also appealed to the public to stop spreading "fake news and unverified information" on coronavirus outbreak.

He urged the public to avoid close contact with live or dead animals, wash hands frequently and avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections.

Common symptoms of fast-spreading virus include sore throat, fever and breathing difficulties. –

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cases have tripled over the weekend. Nearly 3000 confirmed. Stay safe over there guys.

• In China there are now 2,744 confirmed cases as of 1200am on Jan 27, resulting in 80 deaths. This is  triple the 916 mainland China cases reported late on Friday. Across the globe, there are now 2,799 confirmed cases, including the 80 Chinese fatalities, so far nobody outside of China has died from the disease.
  • Some very unpleasant math: in China's Hubei province where Wuhan is located, epicenter of the coronavirus breakout, there have been 1,423 cases and 76 deaths, resulting in a mortality rate of over 5%.
  • 5th US Coronavirus infection confirmed by CDC in 4 states (AZ, CA, IL, WA)
    • CDC calls the virus an  "emerging public health threat," adding that the threat is "serious."
  • Incubation is asymptomatic, contagious, and can be as long as 14 days
  • 5M may have left Wuhan for Lunar New Year
  • 1st case was Dec 1 NOT Dec 31 so infect pop may be much bigger
  • US, Russia, Thailand begin plans for evacuation
  • Premier Li Keqiang charged with leading government's task force
  • 3 Beijing hospitals using AIDS drugs to treat virus

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/third-us-coronavirus-case-confirmed-orange-county

Moderator's Note;  Added link as some like to consider the source.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Sad 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

There are estimates that the numbers are much higher , people are transmitting the virus before they show any signs 

The daft egit in charge of French health care is claiming that she will send a plane to wutan to collect the fench citizens there

Whilst I feel for their plight, surely it is best to leave the place locked down , the bbc crew who were filming outside wutan asked for access, the cops told them , we can let you in ,but we will not let you leave 

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

I wonder if it may effect flights in and out of Hong Kong in the next days ,weeks or months .

That was my fear when my wife travelled home Fri/Saturday Steve.

While this virus continues it might be advisable to change your return flights via Middle East if not travelling for a few weeks more.

Just my thoughts Steve.....Stay safe.

Edited by Kuya John
Capitals
  • Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

That was my fear when my wife travelled home Fri/Saturday Steve.

While this virus continues it might be advisable to change your return flights via Middle East if not travelling for a few weeks more.

Just my thoughts Steve.....Stay safe.

I think that alternatives to flying through chinese territory are well worth looking into 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Middle East looks the best option. I would avoid Chinese territory.

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Amen to that, we picked our current itinerary to avoid Asian cities completely.  And that was before they locked down Wuhan.  NAIA will be my biggest fear on the return trip.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic