Corona Virus

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We was looking for some face masks for our return flight but they seem hard to find , we have some masks for when we are sanding down wood and other diy , I may just have to wear them or buy these, will they help do you think.

7617CEBE-3EA5-424F-AD6B-3384505E11F6.jpeg9780F2CA-1718-42DB-ABC9-73C11ECD3C7E.jpeg

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I may just have to wear them or buy these, will they help do you think.

That is a brilliant idea.  People will stay far away whether they have an illness or not.  Another tip is do not shower for 3 days before your flight so people around you will move away.

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is a brilliant idea.  People will stay far away whether they have an illness or not.  Another tip is do not shower for 3 days before your flight so people around you will move away.

And eat a lot of baked beans or cabbage the day before your flight and wash it down with plenty of beer...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

And eat a lot of baked beans or cabbage the day before your flight and wash it down with plenty of beer...

Great advise, I only hope no one from the forum is sitting beside me on my flight to Vancouver this afternoon. Well maybe Tommy T since it was his suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, canadamale said:

Great advise, I only hope no one from the forum is sitting beside me on my flight to Vancouver this afternoon. Well maybe Tommy T since it was his suggestion. 

download.jpgI'll come prepared.:tiphat:

• Like 1

gery0x
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure whether this link was already posted in this topic or not, but here is an interactive live-map that shows the affected areas and numbers of cases:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/

It's updated quite frequently (multiple times a day) and I use it for keeping track of the situation.

The trend looks very alarming to me, and we don't know the dark figure behind these numbers!

wuhan_trend.png

• Sad 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, gery0x said:

The trend looks very alarming to me, and we don't know the dark figure behind these numbers

so true, I went for my morning walk and the guard at the condo entrance took my temp. before allowing me into the  building. Very scary here in the PH. Hard to believe no confirmed cases with the amount of Chinese here. A few days ago it was in the hundreds now it is in the thousands of infected. Every time I turn on the computer the numbers are up.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Just been seen on BBC news

All flights from the area of china where the outbreak is are to be quarantined at military bases in the UK

Joey G
Posted
Posted

wonder what they do if you have a high temperature? I have to imagine there are 100's of thousands of people with a temperature in the PI  on any given day

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, canadamale said:

so true, I went for my morning walk and the guard at the condo entrance took my temp. before allowing me into the  building. Very scary here in the PH. Hard to believe no confirmed cases with the amount of Chinese here. A few days ago it was in the hundreds now it is in the thousands of infected. Every time I turn on the computer the numbers are up.

If the medical facilities elsewhere in the Philippines is like those in Puerto Galera they'll struggle to diagnose a broken leg.  Three of my ex partners that went for blood tests had tests that came back clear but were given vitamins and medicines just to be safe. :89:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic