Cockroaches

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have my girls chase them down and catch them.

I sincerely hope you have them wash their hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap or alcohol!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I got in a bit of trouble one time because I had bought a rubber cockroach at a shop in Australia many years ago. So sometimes I would put him in places where he would be noticed... One time the wife spotted him on the cutting board and was about to bash him and throw him overboard.... "No!!!... That's Cocky! He's made of rubber...remember?" That incident was not a shining moment in my life - but it was a bit funny at the time (for a brief moment)...

I had a couple of those that I kept around my computer monitors, I had four of them, when I was working.  I would tell people they were the result of the "buggy" code that I was writing. :hystery:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Cockroaches, flies, mozzies, sugar ants... I have them under control here for now... There used to also be what people called palm beetles when anchored out in remote islands on the yacht. They were tiny little bugs about the size of a gnat that would land and crawl on me then eventually start to make a painful bite. They didn't cause any itch or lasting effect, just that very painful first bite. And they were hard shelled, difficult to kill.

At least there don't seem to be sand flies or "midges" or whatever they are called in Kiwiland or Oz. Those were horrible!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I sincerely hope you have them wash their hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap or alcohol!

You sound like my wife!  :hystery:  We make sure our pet roach takes a bath often so it is a clean roach.

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You sound like my wife!  :hystery:  We make sure our pet roach takes a bath often so it is a clean roach.

Aha! So your basic toy roach!:hystery: Got it... I need to get me one of those!!!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

wot the roache"s hands :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

wot the roache"s hands :whistling:

Yeah... those too!:hystery:

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

And them feckers bite.  I woke up one day with one of them biting my head.  It hurt!  I chased him down and gave him the vigilante justice he deserved.  (My best guess is that I had some of that "hair gel" on and it seems to attract roaches (and filipinas sometimes)

• Haha 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And them feckers bite.  I woke up one day with one of them biting my head.  It hurt!  I chased him down and gave him the vigilante justice he deserved.  (My best guess is that I had some of that "hair gel" on and it seems to attract roaches (and filipinas sometimes)

I heard it's the filipinas that bite the worse.

• Haha 4