Water supply problems

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I dont know if its only our area, but our water supply is terrible ! Every Saturday and Sunday for months our water pressure drops to a slow trickle to no water at all this usually starts at around 8am until 6pm both days, had the water company guys out water pressure fine ( funny that ) and today we have had hardly any water at all until 6pm ! The companys facebook page always says certain areas
Will have interuptions to the supply due to maintenace work !  On their facebook page and website they are full of self praise about having built 2 new water bulk tanks in our area but the tank near us is alway empty ,
And the water when it is running is of poor quality ! Our hose pipes block with green algae !
And they say on their  website we should drink their water as it is full of minerals unlike bottled water!
We only use tap water for washing and watering the plants and washing the car !

Anyone else havng water problems?

gery0x
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Anyone else havng water problems?

Every once in a while in Davao, but usually they inform the public beforehand when a shortage or maintenance work is imminent.

Mostly the proposed downtimes are correct, but not always.

For such cases we always have one or two closed 20-30 gallon buckets outside of the house, which I'd also like to suggest to you!

2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

And the water when it is running is of poor quality ! Our hose pipes block with green algae !

Well, then better don't drink it!!!

For drinking water we have a small water dispenser in our kitchen that will be loaded with 5 gallon bottles, even though the tapped water is drinkable in Davao.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

In Moalboal and Panagsama shortage of water and low pressure is a big problem.   The infrastructure has not kept up with the demand.  During the day, weekends especially, the pressure drops so low that many areas have no water.  Lots of trucks here with the 1 meter fibreglass tanks delivering water to areas with little or no pressure.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My gf is a manager for the Davao district water board , she tells me that there are one or two problem areas 

She chose to live at catalunan grande as the water there is very good , most people around davao seem to be happy with their water supply

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Our water varies greatly during the day, it will be a trickle about now, all due to demand. And we own the water company. In the new house we are current!y building I have put a 350 lt Bestank and booster pump in the roof space to overcome this.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

We see adequate water supply for the new home in Tugbok right now. There is a huge water main not far from the property. However I just don't trust infrastructure here so we will have a rather small tank - 500 liters - installed on the roof with no booster pump...at least at first. So we will be able to flush toilets and take showers. We will also have small barrels of water such as @gery0x suggests.

We have a similar issue with pressure. This apartment is on the third floor and there is little to no flow during the days. But the owner installed large tanks (1,500 liters) on the roof along with pressure pumps, so there is usually no problem unless we do several loads of laundry and take showers...

I don't trust the city water - sometimes it comes out of the tap with a yellow tinge to it. So we buy bottled water that is city water, but filtered heavily... so far we don't seem to get sick from it.

• Like 3

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

I also experience low to no water pressure on weekends during those times, sometimes to the extent that I turn on a tap and hear air being drawn in!  

I suspect that it is a combination of too small a water supply (read water main) an too many people using booster pumps sucking all the water out of the supply piping in my subdivision to fill their storage tanks.  

The water main running along the road to our subdivision is 5" blue plastic.  I don't know what is within my subdivision but suspect smaller.  

I wonder how much negative pressure the joints on the blue piping can stand before the seals fail an dirt is drawn into the piping.

• Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

In CDO there are only occasional water stopages, we have more trouble with the electric brownouts which makes the pump stop working so the water doesn't get to the second floor and I have to shower in the downstairs CR.  We use it for washing and bathing but not for drinking.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

We have our own well 50 ft deep, only for washing. We buy 5 gallon water containers for drinking and cooking 25p delivered. So walay problema.

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

And too many people using booster pumps sucking all the water out of the supply piping in my subdivision to fill their storage tanks.  

That's why we are boosting after storage.

• Like 2