New Restaurant in Town.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Some of you will find this different and will know what I am talking about, for others that don't I will explain if you want me to.

Went to a new restaurant last night, which has the label of fine dining, the best in town with a set menu, set price 4 course meal.

I sensed danger when I ordered a bottle of wine off the menu, "sorry sir we are out of stock on that one" so I went for the second bottle on the drink list, once again "sorry sir we are out of stock on that one as well" very kindly I said "Well what have you got"? not sounding to be rude.

Well we have this, which was a bottle of Rose "Ok we will have a bottle of that, seeing that is all you have" (full of sarcasm).

Then came the  food:-

First course - little pieces of pizza, 2 small pieces to be exact.

Second course - Pea & Ham Soup.

Third course -

Wait for it.

BANGERS AND MASH. Well 1 sausage to be exact.

then for desert - Chinese Wedding Cake . - which for the those that haven't had it before  - Rice baked in milk with vanilla flavouring.

So we went home and I made some Cowboy Caviar with fried eggs on toast.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Went to a new restaurant last night, which has the label of fine dining, the best in town with a set menu, set price 4 course meal.

I am totally underwhelmed... Sorry, but I would have been a bit sarcastic too - bad trait of mine.

How much did they scalp you for this feast?

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

If that was best in town, I would not bother visiting any other restaurants in that town :laugh:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

So is rose a good wine to pair with bangers and mash. :hystery:

• Haha 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Mike J said:

So is rose a good wine to pair with bangers and mash. :hystery:

Depends on the vintage 

I was referring to the sausage :hystery:

Edited by bastonjock
  • Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Some of you will find this different and will know what I am talking about, for others that don't I will explain if you want me to.

I sensed danger when I ordered a bottle of wine off the menu, "sorry sir we are out of stock on that one" so I went for the second bottle on the drink list, once again "sorry sir we are out of stock on that one as well" very kindly I said "Well what have you got"? not sounding to be rude.

Well we have this, which was a bottle of Rose "Ok we will have a bottle of that, seeing that is all you have" (full of sarcasm).

Then came the  food:-

First course - little pieces of pizza, 2 small pieces to be exact.

Second course - Pea & Ham Soup.

Third course -

Wait for it.

BANGERS AND MASH. Well 1 sausage to be exact.

then for desert - Chinese Wedding Cake . - which for the those that haven't had it before  - Rice baked in milk with vanilla flavouring.

So we went home and I made some Cowboy Caviar with fried eggs on toast.

Sorry how ever we also tried a new one last night, fish resto. Delicious chili shrimps, with rice good for 2 P225.  One of the best meals for ages....We shall return.....

• Like 4