What can I do in Makati?

boyee
Posted
Posted

A buddy of mine and I are going to stay in Makati for two days in May.  Never been to that part of the city, anyone have any suggestions of what to do?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well depends what you might have in mind.......however my experience was too much traffic to get anywhere quickly.

However if you like Restaurants or shopping there plenty to choose from. Some of the more recently built places house both shops eateries and Condos with one place that had an open air swimming pool on the fourth floor with a small park area.

Certainly changed since the 18 years I have been visiting Fort Bonifacio.....even a little slant Venice!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, boyee said:

A buddy of mine and I are going to stay in Makati for two days in May.  Never been to that part of the city, anyone have any suggestions of what to do?

The Green Belt is a nice place to wander around with lots of restaurants and coffee shops. It is a sort of park-like setting right in the city with shopping malls on both sides. I have spent lots of time there...

There are actually several Green Belts that connect to each other to form a long continuous stretch of the park.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

The Green Belt is a nice place to wander around with lots of restaurants and coffee shops. It is a sort of park-like setting right in the city with shopping malls on both sides. I have spent lots of time there...

There are actually several Green Belts that connect to each other to form a long continuous stretch of the park.

Agree that Greenbelt complex is nice with many good hotels nearby.  The Glorietta complex is also kinda attached to Greenbelt.  I think you can walk between them using the Landmark without having to cross a street at ground leve.  My nephew stayed at the Holiday Inn at Glorietta which was really nice as it is directly attached to the mall.  It is a very nice Holiday Inn.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 1/24/2020 at 2:24 PM, Tommy T. said:

And some great live music bars we experienced in Greenbelt, as well as some very good restaurants we found.   You're right about the interior park like setting....a great escape from the city noise, etc.  

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
On 1/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, boyee said:

I are going to stay in Makati

Everyone is pretty much spot on.....we take visitors there to show them that the Phil is not completely a backwards country. There is very little there that you can not find in any large USA metropolis, but very little cultural or  historical points of interest.

• Like 3

Joey G
Posted
Posted

It will almost be like you left the country... we got a crazy good deal at the Makati Shangri La once... it was as goods any hotel I've been to anywhere. Right now booking around $150/nite... easily 4 X that for comparable place in US.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are at least four museums in Makati but I have not been to any of them yet.

St. Lukes hospital is a top quality facility - USA accredited, I believe? It is not cheap by Philippine standards but is compared to USA. If you are in Makati and have spare time and the need or desire, you can get various levels of "Executive Check-ups" ranging from fairly basic and cheap to very extensive and invasive and expensive - well over US$1,000.

Edited by Tommy T.