Local Olongapo Girl Gets Hitched

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

She copied my wife and I, and got married in San Roque Chapel in Subic Bay Freeport today.  Married some pencil-neck geek.

Here is the funny way I found out about this.  Earlier this afternoon, in the neighborhood FB group for Binictican Heights, a guy was complaining about the noise coming from and event at El Cabayo stables, which his house in Binictican is about 300 meters from.

Other residents chimed and there was a lengthy discussion about noise.  Everyone said call LED and complain, which he did.  I told him to buy a DB Meter on Shopee or Lazada!  :hystery:  So finally, a lady chimes in and says "I think that is the wedding reception of Megan Young".  I quick search told me that was correct!

Reception at El Cabayo

My wife and I had our pre-nup photos at El Cabayo, so she copied us on that too.

Prediction:  She is preggy.  Just a few weeks ago her sister Lauren posted in our neighborhood group looking for help finding table and chair rentals.  Lots of them.  It was put together quickly and was low key.  She has been with this guy for a long time and they never made an official engagement announcement.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm taking it that she is meant to be famous? 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Was it windy on there wedding day or was his hair meant to be that way

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm not sure I understand your question, but she was Miss World 2013, the first Miss World from the Philippines.  Now she hosts a TV show, I think.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Miss World 2015 - her father is Scottish.   

graham59
Posted
Posted

Can't keep up with you high society folks.  :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Miss World 2015 - her father is Scottish.   

You have her mixed up with someone else.  Her father is American and she was born in North Carolina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Young

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure I understand your question, but she was Miss World 2013, the first Miss World from the Philippines.  Now she hosts a TV show, I think.

I never watch TV so have no idea who is famous and who isn't.  I have a golf ball signed by one of the big boys in the USPGA apparently.  It's the ball that he hits to start the Open at Golf. 

I met him at St Andrews in Scotland where he had lost his key to his car and I made him a new one.  I just thought he was a nice American tourist.  Had a good chat with him about golf and he invited me to play on some big courses in the states, he started slipping a few famous golfers names into the conversation then asked me my name.  I just humoured him and he took a golf ball out of his bag wrote something on it and gave me it and his business card. I never looked at it just put it in my pocket.  When he left a couple of golfers came running up to me and asked if that was who they thought it was? I never knew how famous he was but apparently he's huge in the states.  I told them he signed a ball for me and gave me a couple of golf tees etc.  When I pulled the ball out and showed them it they freaked out.  I think the ball on it's own is prized but with this guys signature plus business card it's worth a few peso. 

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You have her mixed up with someone else.  Her father is American and she was born in North Carolina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Young

You're quite right - I was thinking of the 2018 Miss Universe winner Catriona Gray.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You're quite right - I was thinking of the 2018 Miss Universe winner Catriona Gray.  

Catriona's daddy is Australian.  My wife is a pageant fanatic.  I'm required to know these things.  And it is the only time I'm allowed to look at a beautiful woman and tell my wife "she is gorgeous" without getting punched!  :hystery: 

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2