The worst smell ever

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I thought back in England and smelling those stinky fish Emma use to cook and the smell was like my socks after a long days work in safety boots , but yesterday I smelt something from a Hammer Horror Movie set , FERMENTED PRAWN paste , I had to go around opening the windows and doors , the air was so thick with the smell , and then they all was saying try some . 
I just made sure I gave Ems a kiss goodnight before she started eating any of this, is there a worst smell I wonder .

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I thought back in England and smelling those stinky fish Emma use to cook and the smell was like my socks after a long days work in safety boots , but yesterday I smelt something from a Hammer Horror Movie set , FERMENTED PRAWN paste , I had to go around opening the windows and doors , the air was so thick with the smell , and then they all was saying try some . 
I just made sure I gave Ems a kiss goodnight before she started eating any of this, is there a worst smell I wonder .

Some people say the smell of durian fruit is the worst.  

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Some people say the smell of durian fruit is the worst.  

Yes I have heard that too , but the taste they say is wonderful , have to look for that at the market, I wonder who may have tasted that on here.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I wonder who may have tasted that on here.

I don't think Durian smells that bad, I've eaten it but the taste isn't great and the texture is a bit... slimy?  like a fruit version of oysters.

If I'm hungry I'd eat it but most fruits I'd choose before it.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

I’ve Eaton guyabano fruit and that to me was quite slimy and a sour  taste, may be it was off and someone is trying to poison me.

Edited by stevewool
Added
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I don't think Durian smells that bad, I've eaten it but the taste isn't great and the texture is a bit... slimy?  like a fruit version of oysters.

If I'm hungry I'd eat it but most fruits I'd choose before it.

Agree.  I did not think the smell was bad, jackfruit smells worse to me.  The taste to me is rather bland, but the texture is gross, very slimy.  Geoff's comparison to raw oysters is a good description.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I’ve Eaton guyabano fruit and that to me was quite slimy and a sour  taste, may be it was off and someone is trying to poison me.

I've eaten it 3 times at 3 different family gatherings (1 at our place and we bought it), it tasted the same each time and didn't make me sick.

The family seem to like showing off their 'foreigner' who eats Durian... :mocking:

And if anyone asks me to eat Balut then I can say I eat Durian... some other foreigner is the guy who eats Balut (which always gets a laugh).

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Yes I have heard that too , but the taste they say is wonderful , have to look for that at the market, I wonder who may have tasted that on here.

Wife loves durian fruit, I'm not a big fan of it but I would eat it in small quantities. Trick is, don't smell it just eat and enjoy :mocking:

• Like 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

I eat Durian and Balut but I can't drink Red Horse. I swear hazardous waste is an ingredient in that beer :hystery:  

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, fototek1 said:

I eat Durian and Balut but I can't drink Red Horse. I swear hazardous waste is an ingredient in that beer :hystery:  

I've seen others who drank Red Horse and what you say is true. They were a hazard and wasted.:7500::9436:

• Haha 3