Certificate of No Impedance - Australian Embassy

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

The process is simple and smooth as long as you display a modicum of preparedness.  This is our recent experience - 23rd Jan 2020.

I made the appointment online on the Australian Embassy Philippines website about 6 weeks prior.  I wouldn't recommend any later than than time frame as I snagged one of the last available slots for that day and went to change it a week later and they were booked out. 

Requirements were an original or certified copy of my final divorce order (Decree Absolute) and ID - passport was sufficient.   Now the odd thing was, they wanted proof of my fiance's marital status and ID even though the CNI was for me to marry in PI.  Completely unaware of this we didn't have a copy of the Angry Midget's first husband's death certificate but filling out and signing a Statutory Declaration was sufficient.  On the upside, AM is now listed on the CNI and as such this covers her requirement in Australia if we ever decide to have a second wedding there.

So after that was sorted, we made payment of 5.3K PHP and waited, expecting to be told to come back either the next day or even later.  5 mins later we were called back to the window and given 3 certified copies of our CNI... Job done!  Very pleasantly surprised. 

So it's an easy and smooth process with no issues as long as you arrive prepared.  

Funny thing is we didn't deal or sight a single Australian in the consulate area;  Times have changed. :89:

Edited by BrettGC
Put a "K" after the 5.3.
  • Like 3