The straw that broke the camels back

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it had to happen and maybe my moaning did not help a long the way, but I have become quite good these last few days .

Emma has finely snapped and said those magic words ‘ Why am I bothering ‘, yes has she finally realised what I have been saying or is it just a smoke screen and she is angry at them but is going to take it out me.

Cleaning , no one cleans like a woman I know that but you can try and this is where they don’t , it’s cleaned there way and and nothing is moved , but today Emma went through the downstairs and years of crap was found , I could see it in her face she was angry and listening to her voice and afterwards I asked what was there reason , ‘ we may need it’, yep old tins and solid paintbrushes I understand , then it’s the cigarette butts just thrown on the floor I hate that but again she commented.

Well after all this it’s gone back to some sort of twilight zone and the downstairs of the house does smell nice , so all I could add to help her out was to say, Ems you have to tell them what you are wanting and don’t let them make it a laugh and joke thing, we shall see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Nice to see that some of the West may be rubbing off on her and she is starting to see issues.  A good positive if you ask me. 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Nice to see that some of the West may be rubbing off on her and she is starting to see issues.  A good positive if you ask me. 

Yes it’s finely sinking in, she tells me it’s getting to her but still finds it hard to tell the people involved to do a better job, but it’s a start.

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, graham59 said:

Still rather be here than PC England though. 

Seems as if many people from England and the rest of the UK share your sentiment:

"An estimated 5.5m British people live permanently abroad – almost one in 10 of the UK population. The emigration of British people has happened in cycles over 200 years. The trend is now rising again: some 2,000 British citizens moved permanently away from the UK every week in 2005."

2- brit.JPG1-br.JPG

3-brits.JPG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/brits_abroad/html/asia_pac.stm

graham59
Posted
Posted

That comes as no surprise.

Another few decades and the 'British' will probably have to pray towards Mecca each day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, stevewool said:

but today Emma went through the downstairs and years of crap was found .....

Perhaps you should back charge her brother....after all, wasn't it his job to keep the place clean? Or just save the crap and the next time he grumbles about pay give it to him......."here ya go mate, here's your earnings, been saving it for ya!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it happened again this morning , she snapped again , I bet we all have seen and felt the silence coming from our partners and suddenly it explodes, and yes it was about cleaning again, ‘ why can’t anyone pick up there own mess , I’m not here to clean up after you’ but rather then tell the person who is doing this she just told everyone me included .

Well it just went in one ear and out the one so she just carried on cleaning.

Later on she was going at her brother and he was going at her and it was getting louder , but was they arguing then a third party friend jumped in and as he speaks English this friend I could understand what was being said, it seemed the BIL was attacking Ems so it was my turn and yes I know many on here have said keep out of family problems and watch your back he could or get someone to kill you , but I just could not stand there so I told him, this is your sisters house and in fact it’s my house too, we don’t want your advice about anything , then he spoke in English about being stressed , so again I said you don’t no anything about stress , get a job work 6 days a week raise a family pay bills then you will understand Stress, and again I said about this being our house with our rules and if you don’t like it there is the gate , it’s your choice it’s that simple, no one said a word, Emma just kept quite then the FIL came into this quietness and he asked have we all been arguing  , again it was silence so I said yes I have told Derick that this is our house and I don’t want his advice on what we should and shouldn’t be doing and he should shut up, ok he said then went to work .

Its been a funny day .

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

I’m know many on here have said keep out of family problems and watch your back he could or get someone to kill you...

Keep out of family problems where they don't concern you would be good advice.  However, where they do impact you then what do people expect us to do...do nothing and let others take the proverbial?  Obviously, we need to use some discretion when deciding whose toes we step on but at the same time...

• Like 4