No WiFi in the city?? You ok with that? Standards??

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Joey G said:

wouldn't type anything close to personal or important into an unsecured wifi.... 

Easily fixed by using a VPN on your device, the local wifi can't see what information you are sending or receiving.

I've seldom had much luck with the wifi at hotels or condos either but last trip to Manila I rented a condo not too far from NAIA in a big group of them (can't remember the name) and the condo had almost zero cell phone signal on Smart or Globe (and the wifi wasn't working).  Worked elsewhere in the building, just not that condo (cell and wifi).

Needless to say I left a comment on their airbnb about that.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bows00 said:

But the internet sucks.  There is no WiFi signal that extends to your bedroom.  

Especially to the bedroom?

Young free and single and rich too, i would rather have a young lady in my bedroom or any room

• Haha 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

He's obviously never tailgated an aircon bus down NLEX to use their wifi.

When me, my wife and daughter were going to Baguio in December 2017 we made a game out of doing this.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Part of the problem is the way WiFi plans are sold here by the providers and the cheap equipment they install. The more you are willing to pay, the faster the service. You think most hotels and condo owners are going to select the fastest....read most expensive.....plan and best equipment simply for the convenience customers? It's more so they can advertise "Free WiFi".

Add to that the numbers of ppl sharing the same service at any given time and the generally poor infrastructure of the entire system. Try getting online during a major holiday, like Nov 1, when everybody is attempting to upload pics of their dead relatives or their tombstones!

RBM
Posted
Posted

as another poster has said just use your fone as a hot spot. Now I rarely if ever bother to use hotel or public wi fi, always have data on fone, saves me a heap of head aches and its cheap....I recall how your earlier post stated about living on a huge budget.....How come it does not extent to miserly data load.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I tend to use the internet less when I'm visiting a place so don't get too upset over choppy WiFi.  I guess you could get used to having good internet up in the NCR, though.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Maybe use the buses more ?

free wife on board sign.jpg

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Maybe use the buses more ?

free wife on board sign.jpg

Not sure a wife they have to give away for free on a bus is the one you really want :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Could always advertise.... :biggrin:

woman wanted.jpg

• Haha 2