Dogs and cages

stevewool
Posted
Posted

As they say we are not in Kansas anymore we are in the Philippines.

A neighbour has a nice corner house and what seems a nice open space if a garden with mango trees and also lots of concrete but he also has a largest cage on one side of the garden with a small dog inside ,it’s raised of the ground around 3 feet and this dog just barks, he also has another smaller cage on the other side of his garden with a bigger dog and again this is raised about 3 foot but this dog has to go round and round in it’s own body space there is no room for it to move back or forward just round and round following it’s tail.

He also has a cage with a roster too, but this is let out .

Its not very nice to see but who am I to say anything I am just a foreigner with a big hammer making lots of noise sometimes.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Same in our area. We have hundreds of cockfighters around here and the men are often seen playing with their chickens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I could post something now regarding what men are playing with but will pass this time...:whistling:

There are several neighbours here who have their dogs locked up in tiny cages outside their walls. It is so sad to see them barely able to turn around. But recently some have made covers to keep the sun off of them. 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

This is the next door neighbors dog at my wife's house in San Pedro, it's covered in mange and the leash is too short for it to properly lay down, it barks all night constantly. I thought about buying it from them but they would probably just get another puppy and tie it up there. My wife said something to them but they just don't care nor does anyone in the neighborhood apparently.image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Dogs are not pets here in the sense we may understand - they are security or status symbols.  Ridiculous to see them walking around SM City with their dressed up dogs and diapers/nappies.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I will have more sympathy when they stop shitting in my gateway.  

Many around here are simply being fattened up for the pot. 

Personally, I am happy to have the garden where my 4 year-old plays,  free of dog (and cat) excrement. which is why I have made it at least dog-proof. 

I have had some super dogs as pets back in the UK,  my last one, a sweet little Border Collie, for 15 years, but my kids come first. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

I will have more sympathy when they stop shitting in my gateway.  

Many around here are simply being fattened up for the pot. 

Personally, I am happy to have the garden where my 4 year-old plays,  free of dog (and cat) excrement. which is why I have made it at least dog-proof. 

I have had some super dogs as pets back in the UK,  my last one, a sweet little Border Collie, for 15 years, but my kids come first. 

Your lack of empathy for animals that are not in your possession is very apparent. I'm glad that you are not one of my neighbors.:5590:

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Your lack of empathy for animals that are not in your possession is very apparent. I'm glad that you are not one of my neighbors.:5590:

Should I care what you think ?

Please put me on ignore, if that's your ridiculous attitude.  

Maybe find some mangy stray dogs to rescue, if you're not online insulting other people. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1