New employees - working hours.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Pay more and you'll get better workers. We tried paying 550 per day in Manila for my wifes business, got a load of idiots. Now we pay 750 and they work non stop.
If you're only paying 400 then all the decent workers in the area will go & work in Manila for 550+.

A waiter or similar gets now 400 peso in Cebu city depending on the number of employees.  So a factory worker I can not imagine getting any more. Why would anyone pay above what is the law? 

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Who was responsible for explaining the work conditions before they arrived? Thats the one I would say messed this up.  

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A waiter or similar gets now 400 peso in Cebu city depending on the number of employees.  So a factory worker I can not imagine getting any more. Why would anyone pay above what is the law? 

Maybe an employer who wants to reward his employee for years of loyal service and hard work. An employer who feels the profit his employees are making for him allows him to be more generous with his compensation. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

If a worker has a particular skill set that is better than most of his contemporaries then a lot of the time in a western country they end up earning more money or end up in a more senior position... I'm not sure that's exactly the case in the Philippines.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

yes. agree but this is wrapping noodles in a factory.

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes he did

One must read.

ONE did read - several times.

I guess we have to join the dots between different posts.  

Regardless, there is no need to use such a tone when replying to a forum member. 

Edited by hk blues

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

In the armed forces now you can get a yellow card, or a red card if you believe that a senior NCO has spoken to you in what you consider something that is said to you can upset you.

Whilst on drilling rigs we had something similar called a "Hurt Feelings Report" where once again if you think that someone has upset you by using profane language at you, or giving you a dirty look, or not saying "Good Morning" to you in cheerful manner, these reports were then handed to the rig supervisor and if deemed to be true you would get a black mark against you, such was the case when I asked a young ex Navy man to do something to which he did not comply, remembering that I was a supervisor, so I did ask him again to do whatever it was I wanted done but not in a cheerful manner did I ask him to do it, it was only that I ended the directive with please that I did not go on the carpet in front of the boss, such is the way of things these days that people cannot toughen up and just do their bloody job, without being treated like petals on a flower, even if I were to use the wrong tone.

So if I have used the wrong tone, or looked at someone, or did not reply in a very cheerful manner with lots of smiles and the like I sincerely apologise, and I promise not to do it again.

I even will go into self exile again from posting on the forum less I upset someone.

I might just do one more post where I download and copy the "Hurt Feelings Report" should anyone care to use it.

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

So if I have used the wrong tone, or looked at someone, or did not reply in a very cheerful manner with lots of smiles and the like I sincerely apologise, and I promise not to do it again.

Here my Friend it is called FACE  (Or to them, loss of) and should never be employed when talking to/down a Filipino worker :wink:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

ONE did read - several times.

I guess we have to join the dots between different posts.  

Regardless, there is no need to use such a tone when replying to a forum member. 

He said he was offering 400 a day for a gardening job. Not sure of my tone in written text.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I just said why? So you get better employees. We went through about 10 employees on 550 per day for my wifes online business, they packed 100-150 orders per day and they'd always just randomly decide to not turn up for the day. Now we pay 750 and they pack 250-300 orders per day and none of them have missed a single day.

You've just illustrated why a 'MINIMUM wage' is a bad idea though if everyone just thinks that's what they should pay, it's called minimum not standard wage.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe