Expat motorcycle financing?

russellmania
Posted
Posted
On 1/28/2020 at 5:53 AM, Ninpo2dan said:

I'll be moving to Binangonan, but I'll be staying at a condo in QC until the first of Mar. That will give me almost 3 weeks to get moved into an apartment. My friends have gone and taken vids/pics of a few places, but no offense to them, I would rather inspect the apartment myself first. I plan to be living cheap and simple, but I need to know the place will fit a queen size mattress and has good enough water pressure for a shower heater. I just used AirBnB to find the condo.

I've heard that as well. People seem to forget that we are moving here without any furniture. First/last/deposit for the apartment, setup fees/deposit for utilities, etc. Need to purchase a bed, stove, aircon, fans, fridge, rice cooker, wok, cooking utensils. The first couple of months in the Philippines are expensive because of all the initial costs.

Not all expats are earning high pensions. I'm only rated at 50%, which brings in $893 per month. I know a lot of people freak out when they hear that amount, think there's no way in hell to survive on that much. But considering the average college grad working an entry-level office job earn $500 per month or less and are not only capable of surviving, but can even afford to save for trips. I know my budget is tight, and I'll obviously be giving up many "luxuries" we are accustomed to in the US. But I have done the math, and financing a bike is within my budget. Dropping 80-100k would take several months of saving, and I'd rather pay a little interest to get out riding sooner. It's no different than people in the US having to finance that new Ford pickup or whatever.

Check out the Kymco Super 8 150......One of the cheapest, powerful 150cc in Philippines at P76,000