Bus accident

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I was riding the bus one time and smelled cigarette smoke.  I wondered who in the hell is smoking on the bus???  I looked forward and the bus driver is smoking and also using his cell phone.  :Mad:

I'm sure most of us are old enough to have smoked on buses (or at least remember smoking on it).

The long distance coaches used to have ash trays in the seat arm rests.

Can't say I miss smoking though :)

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I'm sure most of us are old enough to have smoked on buses (or at least remember smoking on it).

The long distance coaches used to have ash trays in the seat arm rests.

Can't say I miss smoking though :)

I even remember when you could smoke on the airplane.  That should give you an idea how old I am. :smile:    Same as you, I do not miss smoking.  It did take me multiple attempts to quite for good.   Close to 30 years now as a nonsmoker. 

• Like 5

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Do they still design ashtrays into auto machines ?  

If not, when did most of them stop ?

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

If not, when did most of them stop ?

I'm pretty sure our truck doesn't have an ashtray, buf then this is the Philippines so it all gets flicked out the window anyway.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Together with empty water bottles and here where I am bags of garbage because they stopped the garbage collection, and being on the river where our house is there are bags of rubbish floating by on the way to the river mouth and yes out into the ocean.

• Sad 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Together with empty water bottles and here where I am bags of garbage because they stopped the garbage collection, and being on the river where our house is there are bags of rubbish floating by on the way to the river mouth and yes out into the ocean.

Pinoy Pride.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Pinoy Pride.

I observed this when anchored in American Samoa... In heavy rains, bags and bags of rubbish floated by the yacht. Dead cats and dogs too... Lots of baby diapers (we referred to them as lagoon jellyfish)... All of this was blamed on the anchored foreign yachts (of which, no one had babies). Life in tropical paradise...

• Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Mitsubishi still offerred an ashtray as an option 2 years ago, but not as a traditional slide out tray, instead it's a cup with a flip top lid that drops into one of the drink holder positions, not sure about the other car makers.  I didn't buy it but my sister still smokes and she ordered one for her new truck.  The dealer said that even these are getting less common and many smokers are using an aftermarket copy instead.

ashtray.jpg

• Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Many years ago , you could get the magic bus from london to Morocco,  the drivers did not smoke cigarettes, their puffs had a more earthy smell to them lol

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Many years ago , you could get the magic bus from london to Morocco,  the drivers did not smoke cigarettes, their puffs had a more earthy smell to them lol

Brings to mind....  :biggrin:

411full.jpg

• Haha 2