Upsetting the neighbours

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The other evening the neighbours kid and his mates asked Emma can they tie the basketball pole to the gate so they could play a few games, it’s safer that way ,it’s tied onto there gate then onto ours, anyway Emma said yes but only till 6 pm, well it was just before 7pm and they are still bouncing the ball and making that much racket she went out and said it’s past 6pm now, just a few more shoots they asked and 10 mins later it was back to normal.

Today what’s tied to our gate , yep the basket ball post, so it was my turn to go out, What’s this I asked and it seemed everyone’s lips was pointing to this scrawny kid to say something , what’s this I asked again , did anyone ask if you could put it here, Sorry sir we did not asked this kid said shall we take it down, my answer was no leave it but you must always ask if you could tie this to the gate, yes it was petty but it seems no one bothers about anything here and most folk seem to do what they want when they want too.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

They are probably future public transport drivers, or may even end up running the country.  Why change the habits of a lifetime ? :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, gery0x said:

Long time ago my direct neighbor had no electrical power in his house and he humbly asked me to supply him with an extension cable for a day or so.

Is he still using your electricity?  I just couldn't help myself. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, gery0x said:

I'll give you a good advice here Steve: always be in a good relationship with your neighbors, especially as a Kano!

Funny thing is I get on quite well with the neighbours who speak , it’s good morning and a chat about what we are doing , then we get the ladies coming and asking for some leaves from our tree for cooking , yes there are the odd few who keep themselves to there self , and they don’t seem to speak to no one at all.

For me it would have been better just to be asked , it’s that simple. 

Edited by stevewool
Spelling
  • Like 2

gery0x
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

Is he still using your electricity?

Hala!!!!!! :shock_40_anim_gif:

.....Whew, I just checked - all-clear!

:mocking:

7 hours ago, stevewool said:

I get on quite well with the neighbours who speak , it’s good morning and a chat about what we are doing , then we get the ladies coming and asking for some leaves from our tree for cooking , yes there are the odd few who keep themselves to there self

Well that sounds good and healthy to me! :smile:

7 hours ago, stevewool said:

For me it would have been better just to be asked , it’s that simple. 

Well, they actually did ask the day before!

And if on day 1 it's okay, why wouldn't it be okay on day 2?

I know, it's pure Filipino-logic, but as I said that's how "things are done" here.

On the other hand, after they were made aware of the curfew once again they quit their games (and the noise) 10 minutes later as you said. That's indeed respectful in my opinion, I mean it shows gratitude to being allowed to play there in the first place. You should appreciate that, by far not all Pinoys do that!

I'm in no position to tell you what to do or how to handle situations, all this is just my observations and my opinion after living in the Phils for around 10 years.

Cheers mate, this is not the UK and not Germany :cheers:

Edited by gery0x
grammar
  • Like 3