Windows

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We have around 9 windows taken from the old house when it was demolished and now the rest of the walls have gone it’s time to get rid of them, they are very good quality and old , they have most of the glass in them which is again the original, all different sizes the biggest just over 5 foot square

Is there a market for  these or is it scrape , Ems wants to put them on eBay or Facebook selling page, but I don’t want to waste my time , can anyone advise .

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

We have around 9 windows taken from the old house when it was demolished and now the rest of the walls have gone it’s time to get rid of them, they are very good quality and old , they have most of the glass in them which is again the original, all different sizes the biggest just over 5 foot square

Is there a market for  these or is it scrape , Ems wants to put them on eBay or Facebook selling page, but I don’t want to waste my time , can anyone advise .

There are definitely a market for that type of thing. There are usually shops around that buy and sell windows and railings etc.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I may just hold onto them and look around once we come back, here is a picture of one.

6B150653-7EB2-4FB5-AFDB-75210AB99D18.jpeg2CB391E5-54BF-48F9-9595-E7AEDA8F827C.jpeg

graham59
Posted
Posted

Definite market for them Steve. No need to 'give' away. 

Shame...I'm after a couple of windows myself, but need to be the same style as in the rest of my place...which are the dark brown alloy and tinted glass sliding type. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Definite market for them Steve. No need to 'give' away. 

Shame...I'm after a couple of windows myself, but need to be the same style as in the rest of my place...which are the dark brown alloy and tinted glass sliding type. 

That’s what we have in the new house, the only problem with these is sometimes you sit there and think it’s a little overcast until you go out and the sun blinds you.

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Haha... so true mate.  :laugh:

I need one 4ft square and another 3ft square. (with built in sliding mossie screen section...and locks, of course).

Our last one around that size was p3500, fitted, so not dear at all really. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

A  (3ft x 3ft) hole waiting to be filled...  

(Floor inside is about 3 foot above that ground level in the pic, in case of flooding).  

83737267_174705357125686_8598230235432878080_n.jpg

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

What’s for the roof , tin or concrete?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, graham59 said:

A  (3ft x 3ft) hole waiting to be filled...  

(Floor inside is about 3 foot above that ground level in the pic, in case of flooding).  

83737267_174705357125686_8598230235432878080_n.jpg

There not your white big pants hanging on that left of that line are they Graham

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, stevewool said:

What’s for the roof , tin or concrete?

It has a concrete roof in place Steve. There will be steps up to it, a low perimeter wall , tiled floor, and an additional corrugated iron roof on posts, topping it all off.  :smile: 

• Like 1