Maids - renumeration

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, RBM said:

My experience......more money come first...advance advance advance.....

Puzzles me why this is always more prevalent from the poor, especially when not returning to work. 

I find they are happier to lie than to embarrass themselves by just asking out right for something.  They'd rather say the need paying daily as they've got a sick parent, birthday party, school fees etc rather than say they want to buy a mobile phone.  Or they ask for a favour which usually follows on with " can I borrow some money." 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

My god this amazing stuff, that is exactly what happens here, and there I was thinking that if they owed us money we would have a long term employee, solution for them is just to go and never be seen again, oh and it is not confined to the employees, one of my partners cousins was skimming money off the sales, he can never come back either, thinking that time will erase the debt won't work for him.

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

My god this amazing stuff, that is exactly what happens here, and there I was thinking that if they owed us money we would have a long term employee, solution for them is just to go and never be seen again, oh and it is not confined to the employees, one of my partners cousins was skimming money off the sales, he can never come back either, thinking that time will erase the debt won't work for him.

Bottom line to me would be looking  at the total picture is it worth It? 

Mick
Posted
Posted

I was asked by a large company here to set up a civil Company, as im consulting for them, and do there work, I could have made a nice living, but the experience I have here dealing with contractors, not worth the hassle, I have friends here with companies and staff have done midnight flits, Taking machinery, pick ups.... all sorts, last time was over $100k in machinery, lucky he was tipped off and the police cought them boarding a ferry with everything, he is now on his 4th team of men in 12 months, and already having problems with them not turning up, wanting advances...... Not for me

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Bottom line to me would be looking  at the total picture is it worth It? 

To me it isn't, so I stay out of it. To the owners they seem to deal with it, not alcoholics, but always stressed out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/5/2020 at 6:50 AM, Onemore52 said:

AK, but where do you live sir? I was discussing this with a good friend who runs a restaurant and he was telling me that in Manila a good maid gets 10k.

Since our maid left we are really finding out what she didn't do, things that I didn't notice while she was here, and I am now setting up a roster for myself to get the house back in shape, allocating hours between the house and my other chores in the garden dependant on the weather, definitely finishing at beer o'clock. My point is while the maid was here I didn't really want to get involved in her duties because I was the person in charge of the accomodation on a drilling rig where there was 100 men so if I was to get involved they would lose face and I would probably have been shot, knifed, or poisoned. Basically I know a lazy person when I see one, and I see a lot of that around me.

I'm in Noveleta  Cavite. Very close to Manila. Bottom line, if you find a good housekeeper pay them well. Treat them like family and don't let your kids talk down to them. Invite them to eat with you. Give them at least one months pay for Xmas bonus. Help them out if they have a minor problem. They will love you for it.:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mick said:

I was asked by a large company here to set up a civil Company, as im consulting for them, and do there work, I could have made a nice living, but the experience I have here dealing with contractors, not worth the hassle, I have friends here with companies and staff have done midnight flits, Taking machinery, pick ups.... all sorts, last time was over $100k in machinery, lucky he was tipped off and the police cought them boarding a ferry with everything, he is now on his 4th team of men in 12 months, and already having problems with them not turning up, wanting advances...... Not for me

There was a bridge being rebuilt here not long ago so traffic was re-routed. The signs said 6 months till it was finished. Well, according to the rumor the Engineer ran off with the money. 18 months later it was finished.:shock_40_anim_gif:

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

We are probably straying off topic but I think the maids renumeration issues spreads out into other employments and local culture as a whole. 

Just yesterday I had a long term friend ask to borrow 2k peso with the promise to pay it back in a few days. I no longer lend due to not being the most diplomatic or laid back person when the money doesn't get returned so I apologised and refused to lend the money.  Three hours later I discovered she has been fired from her job. 

No job equals no income equals no pay back. If she had been honest and admitted she'd lost her job chances are I'd have found out the reason she was fired and if minor as some reasons to fire people seam to be here I'd have gifted her 2k peso.  Another case of lying about paying back rather than admit their problems. 

Liars to you Snowy how ever to them its just a way to save face, not withstanding I do agree with your actions. Its never a loan its a gift.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/2/2020 at 12:18 PM, Mike J said:

It will depend a lot on what the prevailing pay is where you live.  As an estimate I would say 3000 - 4000 per month plus PhilHealth and social security.   

Many employers will give them more salary and tell them they should pay their Philhealth and SS.  You know how that will go.  I also think it is probably against the law, not that it would ever be enforced.

• Like 1