Flights from China/Hong Kong.

bob1965
Posted
Posted

You may have all seen that foreigners without a residence permit can’t come in via China, Hong Kong or Macau.

If not, and you’re flying soon....try and rebook through another hub. I’m booked to leave Toronto on the 15th. Was connecting through hk. Rebooked as soon as i heard, with no change fee.

now, if duterte stops flights via Korea, I’m screwed.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My son and friend have just been caught up in the Hongkong flights.  Unfortunately my son booked through a company called Travel Up which has bitten him.  They say as the flights are still going ahead he can't change or get a refund.  Even though the airline has told him he will be refused boarding at Hongkong. The company is ATOL registered but still refuse to do anything. 

• Hmm thinking 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

My son and friend have just been caught up in the Hongkong flights.  Unfortunately my son booked through a company called Travel Up which has bitten him.  They say as the flights are still going ahead he can't change or get a refund.  Even though the airline has told him he will be refused boarding at Hongkong. The company is ATOL registered but still refuse to do anything. 

Assuming he paid by credit card, they hopefully can sort it out.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Friend of mine was due next week from NZ Cathy Pacific,  of course it's a  no go. Takes 2 weeks for refund. He was able to obtain a ticket PAL direct to Manila at a better price than Cathy.

Seems PAL have not taken advantage of the situation. Well no yet.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This is posted on Cathay Pacific's website and there are loads of good deals posted for those wanting to leave Philippines via Hong Kong.  I wonder if anyone has left via Hong Kong recently?

For Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon flights from Manila, Clark, Davao and Cebu to Hong Kong:

Under a temporary travel restriction, Philippine citizens are not permitted to travel to Mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao. This includes Philippine citizens with Hong Kong as their destination, and those travelling with onward connections.
Non-Philippine citizens may continue to travel from the Philippines as normal.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_PH/travel-information/travel-preparation/travel-advisories/flights-to-and-from-the-philippines.html

Aww crap.  I just realized I was taking Lyn and she is a Philippine citizen so that's out.

• Like 1