Civil Marriage - The Judge Raffle

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Thanks for the encouragement mate. 

According to the Philippine Star that I read this morning, divorce will soon be a legal option. Just in case things don't work out for you.:biggrin:  I've only been divorced 4 times. Still married to one that I haven't seen in 14 years.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

According to the Philippine Star that I read this morning, divorce will soon be a legal option. Just in case things don't work out for you.:biggrin:  I've only been divorced 4 times. Still married to one that I haven't seen in 14 years.:shock_40_anim_gif:

Trying not to get too far off track but just hope she doesn't get into massive debts.  I don't know about anywhere else but in the UK you are both liable for each other debts whilst still married unless you have a separation agreement. 

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

Wow, you hit the lottery. Valentines Day and Wedding Anniversary on the same day. No excuse now for you forgetting the date. :smile: Congratulations to both of you.

Thanks mate.

The date works for me, only one date to remember and buy a present for :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have been a bit busy lately... Did I miss something?

I assume congratulations are in order. Did you have to kiss through face masks?

How was your wedding, Brett? I am expecting some wedding cake to be delivered here any time...

Okay, okay... maybe just a bottle of xxxx?

Edited by Tommy T.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

I have been a bit busy lately... Did I miss something?

How was your wedding, Brett? I am expecting some wedding cake to be delivered here any time...

Okay, okay... maybe just a bottle of xxxx?

Went off well mate.  The judge was aware that the originally allocated judge had refused to marry us so gave me a bit of grilling with regards to being a divorcee but he was a good guy and actually just doing his "nanny-state" due process prior to the actual ceremony.  He actually gave Peter (my sponsor and fellow forum member) a bit of a grilling as well as to my character.  

Sadly, I'm back in Australia again but will be there full-time sooner rather than later hopefully.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Went off well mate.  The judge was aware that the originally allocated judge had refused to marry us so gave me a bit of grilling with regards to being a divorcee but he was a good guy and actually just doing his "nanny-state" due process prior to the actual ceremony.  He actually gave Peter (my sponsor and fellow forum member) a bit of a grilling as well as to my character.  

Sadly, I'm back in Australia again but will be there full-time sooner rather than later hopefully.  

Well, congratulations, Mate!!!

I hope you are there with your "new" wife? Let me know when you return and I will give you my address so you can send me some beer and Tanduay to help celebrate your marriage!!!

But you did not answer... did you have to wear masks or could you really kiss your blushing bride?

I am just glad to hear that it went off well after all your bureaucratic hassles. I know now that, whenever L and I get hitched, we will do it anywhere except in Philippines. Sorry for your issues, but thanks for the education!

Cheers!

Tom

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'll have to let you know if it's easier to Davao or not...  Tomorrow we go for the marriage license...  🥺

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

Tomorrow we go for the marriage license...  🥺

Again.png :whistling:

• Haha 1