Employees

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I won't continue this in the maid thread, although it is similar.

This morning we lost 4 employees at the factory:-

The first to go were 2 brothers, one of the brothers said he misses he girlfriend back in the province so he was leaving to go back to her, the brother said well if he is going so am I, he didn't want to be left here without his brother.

The next to go, used the old chestnut, that his mother was sick.

The last one to go said he was sick.

Personally I am sick of them as well!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

The first to go were 2 brothers, one of the brothers said he misses he girlfriend back in the province so he was leaving to go back to her, the brother said well if he is going so am I, he didn't want to be left here without his brother.

Well I guess your labour problems just go to show again that the reality here is that employee/employer relationship is much less of a  relationship than we are perhaps used to.  

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

HK, you nailed it in one.

Even at Christmas my partners sister who is the manager, throws a Christmas party, pig on the spit, drinks and she makes sure everyone gets a present, even the children of the workers.

And they repay her how?

Personally I would give them nothing but their pay, which is what happened where I was working for 45 years, no Christmas parties nothing, but if our pay was late or was a bit short they got to know about it quick smart but they paid well so they had a very loyal workforce.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

HK, you nailed it in one.

Even at Christmas my partners sister who is the manager, throws a Christmas party, pig on the spit, drinks and she makes sure everyone gets a present, even the children of the workers.

And they repay her how?

Personally I would give them nothing but their pay, which is what happened where I was working for 45 years, no Christmas parties nothing, but if our pay was late or was a bit short they got to know about it quick smart but they paid well so they had a very loyal workforce.

I can understand why you;d feel like that, but I haven't given up on the idea that treat employees well and they will repay you.  Then again, I don't have to employee people here.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Hire some Chinese workers. Looks like they are coming over here in droves. Maybe they will do a better job since they will most likely be desperate for funds. FYI the intercontinental railroad from east to west in the US would not have been built as fast if not for the Chinese labor force on the project.:wink:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Looks like they are coming over here in droves.

Not anymore. You might have heard about a virus going around. :tiphat:

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I don't really think its a Filipino thing, just the pay here isn't high enough to inspire hard work. If I went and paid people $10 per day in the UK and let them live in a shack in the back garden I doubt they'd stay long either:biggrin:.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Ah, well at least at ours, they do get to live in the shack WITH us. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Hire some Chinese workers. Looks like they are coming over here in droves. Maybe they will do a better job since they will most likely be desperate for funds. FYI the intercontinental railroad from east to west in the US would not have been built as fast if not for the Chinese labor force on the project.:wink:

That has all changed now unless they arrive with a work visa for your establishment.  No more visas on arrival for Chinese and they must leave after 30 days as no more extensions either. 

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Were they millennials?  In the US they company jump like frogs now.