Quiet Zones - Australia

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

During my last trip down under I had to catch a suburban train to connect with a country train, on the suburban train the 1st and last carriages are designated quiet zones, where no mobile phone use is allowed and no loud talking and no music to be played out aloud either. (it was very peaceful and made a for a good 2 hour trip).

Some restaurants around the world are inviting customers to leave their phones at the door when dining,.

This morning at 7:30 a.m. we decided to treat ourselves and have breakfast in a restaurant down overlooking the beach, we have been there before early so off we went. The restaurant has 2 rooms one room for people with reservations and the other walk in off the street, we took the latter one and sat down, in comes a family of six with two brats who upon seating took out their ipads and started playing their games with the sound on at high volume. So I asked the waiter if there was a table available in the other room and told him why, no problems in you go. So in the other room the food was ordered and the coffee came, also to come in was a family of four with 2 brats , they sat down and the 2 brats pulled out their ipads and the same deal, volume high and sitting right behind me. The parents of both groups not giving a kcuf about anyone else in close proximity to their precious brats, let them do what they want at 8 a.m. in the gnikcuf morning.

Where is that island for sale

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

This morning at 7:30 a.m. we decided to treat ourselves and have breakfast in a restaurant down overlooking the beach, we have been there before early so off we went. The restaurant has 2 rooms one room for people with reservations and the other walk in off the street, we took the latter one and sat down, in comes a family of six with two brats who upon seating took out their ipads and started playing their games with the sound on at high volume. So I asked the waiter if there was a table available in the other room and told him why, no problems in you go. So in the other room the food was ordered and the coffee came, also to come in was a family of four with 2 brats , they sat down and the 2 brats pulled out their ipads and the same deal, volume high and sitting right behind me. The parents of both groups not giving a kcuf about anyone else in close proximity to their precious brats, let them do what they want at 8 a.m. in the gnikcuf morning.

I take it you are talking about the Philippines now? :89:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Jim, very good guess.

• Sad 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

So I had a thought, next time we go out for breakfast I will take my Ipad and when the brats, or anyone else for that matter starts up their ipad I will crank up mine with some classical music, or even worse something like Iron Buterflies "In a Gada da Vida".

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

So I had a thought, next time we go out for breakfast I will take my Ipad and when the brats, or anyone else for that matter starts up their ipad I will crank up mine with some classical music, or even worse something like Iron Buterflies "In a Gada da Vida".

You are showing your age One... And be careful... the brats might enjoy that and then you are royally screwed...?:shock_40_anim_gif:

Besides... you need to play that at about 120 db or it just isn't right.... can your IPad do that?:laugh:

Edited by Tommy T.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I assure you that you will not be having breakfast at my house anytime soon as I have two noisy brats that I love to death.  I certainly would not allow them to create that much ruckus in a resto but they sure can raise hell at home.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay, as it was when I was growing up with my four sister and one brother, we hardly ever saw mum and dad because they were out making a wage, but come the weekend when we were all together it was noisy as hell with all of us joking and mucking around at the dinner table, my sister kicking me under the table, you know how it goes.

First it was Friday night Fish and Chips from the take away where we all gathered around the small black and white television, then on Sunday it was a more formal thing with the Sunday roast where we waited on Dad to carve the lamb, once again sitting down as a family with Mum and Dad joining in on our conversations, then the same Sunday night having leftovers from lunch, if there was any, if nothing left from lunch open up a can of soup and add a gallon of water to it.

So it was when I had my own children, we sat down to dinner every night at home, the Sunday roast changed to a roast chicken from a take away joint because lamb became so bloody expensive, but we always had Sunday lunch and tea together.

Yes, enjoy them while they are with you making the ruckus and having a good time with you as a family, rather than out at some joint where everyone has their nose in a tablet or on a mobile phone talking shite.

Come Sunday I will find a place that opens earlier.

Cheers,